by Julia Malunga on 12 Dec 2019by Julia Malunga on 12 Dec 2019by Tenson Mkhala on 12 Dec 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 12 Dec 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 12 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Dec 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 10 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 10 Dec 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 12 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Dec 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 9 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 6 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Dec 2019
by Diggers Editor on 12 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Dec 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Julius Kapembwa (PhD) on 5 Dec 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 4 Dec 2019by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Nov 2019by Dr Chishimba Mubanga, MSc on 22 Nov 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 9 Dec 2019by Sampa Kabwela on 23 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019
Mulongoti’s wife hails LunguBy Mukosha Funga on 15 Jan 2019
Mike Mulongoti’s wife Betty has hailed President Edgar Lungu for evacuating her husband to South Africa for medical treatment.
According to a statement from Zambia’s High Commission to South Africa, Betty said quick action by President Lungu to evacuate he husband would save his life.
She said Mulongoti was admitted to the University Teaching Hospital (UTH) for two weeks but his condition was deteriorating as special medical tests that were being done were being sent to South Africa for analysis.
She said doctors in South Africa had assured her that they have began the process of tests and treatment.
And Zambia’s High Commissioner to South Africa Emmanuel Mwamba said tremendous efforts had been made to invest in the health sector in Zambia.
He said the Ministry of Health had continued to invest in laboratory, diagnosis and specialized medical equipment, factors that usually cause foreign medical evacuations.
He said Zambia had qualified medical personel running hospitals all over the world hence the decision to invest in gaps that caused foreign access to treatment.
He said in the long term, Zambia would achieve regional and world class standards at the pace of investment being done to the Health Sector.
He said this when he visited Mulongoti at the hospital.
Mulongoti is admitted to Avrwyp Medical Center in Johannesburg.
He was brought by an air ambulance on Sunday morning, accompanied by his wife and daughter Julianne.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Power export to Zambia dependent on our surplus production – Eskom - 11 Dec 2019
- Lungu, Tasila in Mukula cartel - 6 Dec 2019
- US Envoy’s comments on homosexuality ruling unacceptable – Malanji - 30 Nov 2019
- State in limbo over Chanda’s case, stops him from appearing in court - 29 Nov 2019
- It’s time for Zambia to reconsider outdated stance on LGBTI community – US Envoy - 29 Nov 2019
- Don't be used by UPND to get diplomatic jobs, Mumbi tells Diggers journalists (2,954 views)
- Mukula smugglers are in govt, cartel members are exposing each other (2,392 views)
- Ba Davies Mwila boss, nga imwe? How did you lose Chipili seat? (1,780 view)
- UPND explains Mpulungu shooting incident (1,752 view)
- Power export to Zambia dependent on our surplus production - Eskom (1,592 view)
- Kapata to sue Diggers for publishing Mukula smuggling cartel
- Homosexuality exists in Zambia, no one chooses to be born gay - Sacika
- Don't be used by UPND to get diplomatic jobs, Mumbi tells Diggers journalists
- PF blames minister for Lupososhi loss, demands his resignation
- Power export to Zambia dependent on our surplus production - Eskom
Subscribe For News In Email
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend