by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 20 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Mwashingwele’s death a shock – HHBy Joseph Mwenda on 2 May 2019
UPND deputy spokesperson and Katuba Member of Parliament Patricia Mwashingwele has died.
Confirming Mwashingwele’s death, party president Hakainde Hichilema said he received the news with shock.
“It is with shock that we received the death of Honourable Patricia Mwashingwele who, until her demise, was our Member of Parliament for Katuba Constituency. Indeed Patricia was a courageous and hardworking woman who’s contribution to the growth of UPND in Katuba and Central province in general is immeasurable. Patricia was very intellectual and at the same time very humble. Those that care to follow parliament radio will attest to the fact that Patricia was a prolific debater and a courageous one at that,” stated Hichilema.
“To her the family, we commiserate with you. This is a difficult time and we will do everything possible to make the burden lighter. To the wider UPND family, please let us show our love once more to the family of Patricia. This is a great loss to the UPND family but we shall overcome.
Patricia fought the fight and now it remains on us to carry on where she left off. Rest in Peace our dear sister and comrade, Patricia.”
According to UPND Secretary General Stephen Katuka, Mwashingwele died Thursday morning after an illness at the University Teaching Hospital, barely two weeks after the passing of her husband .
“The Party and the nation will greatly miss our gallant woman,” he stated.
Meanwhile, PF Bwana Mkubwa member of parliament Dr Jonas Chanda says the House will miss a passionate debater.
“At Parliament she has been a passionate debater, especially on matters of education. She has chaired the Parliamentary Committee on Education. I also currently serve with her on the Zambia-Austria Parliamentary Forum, consisting of selected Zambian and Austrian MPs, for which she was serving as Chairperson on the Zambian side until her death,” stated Dr Chanda.
“Using the Zambian-Austria Parliamentary Partnership, we have together, in and outside Zambia, lobbied and advocated for solutions to youth unemployment and giving education opportunities to children with special needs. In 2018 we held two Youth Unemployment Indabas at Parliament with key stakeholders, supported by the Austrian Parliamentary Partnership. Indeed a gallant woman has left us. My deepest condolences to her family and UPND.”
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph is experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu fires new FIC board chair Siame - 11 Sep 2019
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe - 11 Sep 2019
- Lungu must address debt, loadshedding, mealie meal prices in Parley address – CSPR - 10 Sep 2019
- Don’t ask for credit, find who owns 48 houses, APNAC challenges ACC - 9 Sep 2019
- Van Blerk loses appeal over Baobab land - 2 Sep 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (10,502 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (1,810 view)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,045 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (849 views)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (847 views)
- It’s against separation of powers for Parley to supervise executive – PF
- Continued abuse of Zesco will sustain Zambia’s power deficit – PAC
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo
- 7 Lumwana expatriates were lawfully fired, company tells court
- Lungu forcing self-driven Constitution on Zambians – Milupi
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend