- by Mukosha Funga on 25 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 25 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 25 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
ZRA suspends 126 clearing agentsBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Jul 2019
The Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) has suspended 136 of its clearing agents who were involved in illegal importation of about 460 heavy-duty trucks and earth moving machinery.
And the authority says it will prosecute owners of the said trucks that were illegally imported into the country through misapplication of Value Added Tax (VAT) Deferment Scheme.
ZRA corporate communications manager Topsy Sikalinda has revealed in a statement that the authority together with other stakeholders in the transport sector already issued a red alert on the vehicles in question
“The owners of the first batch of 460 vehicles were given an opportunity of 14 days within which to appear before the Inspectorate and Customs Enforcement (ICE) unit of ZRA. Unfortunately, very few appeared hence, the Authority has immediately issued a RED ALERT on all these vehicles with the Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA), Zambia Police and other security wings to ensure they are impounded and the owners are taken to court for prosecution. So far, only 262 owners have appeared before the Authority under the first batch of 460 published vehicles in the press. 9.2 million kwacha was assessed as principal taxes out of which 1. 4 million has already been paid,” Sikalinda stated.
He stated that the authority had further suspended 136 clearing agents who were involved in scam.
“The 136 clearing agents’ who were involved in the scam remain suspended and their Taxpayer Identification Numbers (TPINs) remain blocked on the AsycudaWorld System. Smuggling of goods through false declarations, transit fraud, misclassifications, under-declarations, and under-valuations is a serious offence and offenders will be dealt with in accordance with the law. The Authority further urges all citizens to pay taxes directly to the Zambia Revenue Authority to avoid being swindled by smugglers pretending to be clearing agents,” stated Sikalinda.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- K1,500 surcharge for CBU students a fundraising venture – Kabwita - 12 Aug 2019
- PF has opened overnight street vending along Lusaka’s Lumumba Rd – Moonga - 12 Aug 2019
- Oasis Forum calls for withdrawal of Constitution bill - 9 Aug 2019
- Africa needs about US $660bn annually to achieve SDGs – UNCA - 9 Aug 2019
- Africa needs home-grown solutions for its challenges – Lungu - 8 Aug 2019
- Don’t worry Musa, Saasa; the corrupt defend each other (1,990 view)
- LAZ wants ConCourt to send Tutwa to jail for contempt (1,433 view)
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini (1,058 view)
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10 (971 views)
- Indeed, the Speaker is being mischievous on Amendment Bill 10 (826 views)
- LAZ wants ConCourt to send Tutwa to jail for contempt
- Luapula man beats wife to death for being drunk
- Don’t worry Musa, Saasa; the corrupt defend each other
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend