- by Mukosha Funga on 25 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 26 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 25 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 25 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Lungu meets Vedanta boss, insists liquidation will proceedBy Mukosha Funga on 14 Aug 2019
President Edgar Lungu today met Vedanta chairman Anil Argawal who expressed desire to continue running KCM but the Head of State insisted that the liquidation process would continue.
This is according to a statement issued by Special Assistant to the President for Press and Public Relations Isaac Chipampe this evening.
“His Excellency Dr Edgar Chagwa Lungu, President of the Republic of Zambia today met the Chairman of Vedanta Mr Anil Argawal at the request of the investor. The meeting was held at the request of the businessman and His Excellency the President accepted to meet him to listen to what he had to say.
The Vedanta Chief expressed his desire to continue running the mine and, among other things, to pay the debt owed to suppliers and contractors, and to reinvest in the mine and, restructure the shareholding of Konkola Copper Mines (KCM). The President stated that the position that the Government has taken has the support of the people of Zambia, and the meeting will not affect the ongoing liquidation process,” Chipampe stated.
Meanwhile, President Lungu is scheduled to attend the 39th Southern African Development Community (SADC) Heads of State and Government Summit in Dar Es Salaam in Tanzania from 16th to 18th August, 2019.
According to a separate statement from Chipampe, the Head PF State will also visit India on August 20 at the invitation of that country’s leader.
“During this visit, six memoranda of understanding on cooperation between Zambia and India are expected to be signed in Geology, Mining, Defense, Telecommunications, Diplomacy and Elections. In a meeting with India’s High Commissioner to Zambia, His Excellency Mr N.J. Gangte at State House this morning, the President said he is happy to visit India and that the visit is a culmination of an invitation by India’s President Ram Nath Kovind when he visited Zambia last year,” stated Chipampe.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Luapula man beats wife to death for being drunk - 25 Aug 2019
- Govt’s job is not to defend the corrupt, but prosecute them – Mwenye - 23 Aug 2019
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 – Kalaluka - 23 Aug 2019
- Mwenye’s corruption remarks irk PF - 22 Aug 2019
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding - 22 Aug 2019
- Don’t worry Musa, Saasa; the corrupt defend each other (2,015 views)
- LAZ wants ConCourt to send Tutwa to jail for contempt (1,463 view)
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini (1,065 view)
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10 (974 views)
- Indeed, the Speaker is being mischievous on Amendment Bill 10 (831 views)
- Chapter One Foundation asks ConCourt to order Lubinda to withdraw Bill 10
- LAZ wants ConCourt to send Tutwa to jail for contempt
- Luapula man beats wife to death for being drunk
- Don’t worry Musa, Saasa; the corrupt defend each other
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend