by Julia Malunga on 14 Nov 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Nov 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Nov 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Nov 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 13 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga on 12 Nov 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 11 Nov 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 8 Nov 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 13 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Nov 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2019by Mazuba Muleya on 7 Nov 2019by Mazuba Muleya on 7 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Nov 2019
by Diggers Editor on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 12 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Nov 2019
- Guest Diggers
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
It’s worthless to raise corrupt hands in prayer for prosperity without repentance – MusaBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2019
Former Attorney General Musa Mwenye says the country cannot be praying for financial resources when at the same time, it is recklessly spending money and driving itself into poverty.
And Mwenye says people cannot raise their hands in prayer for prosperity and use the same hands to carry corruptly acquired wealth into their bank accounts.
In a Facebook post, Wednesday, Mwenye stated that prayer, without action was meaningless.
“I support prayer and I believe in the power of prayer. It is however not enough to pray, our prayer must be reinforced by tangible actions because the Bible says God blesses the works of our hands. As we pray, we must remember that we cannot pray for financial resources while we are spending money recklessly and driving ourselves into poverty,” Mwenye stated.
He added that faith without action is dead.
“We cannot also raise our hands in prayer for the prosperity of our beloved country while the same hands carry corruptly acquired wealth into our bank accounts. Faith without works is dead. The Bible says the following: “What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, ‘Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,’ but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, ‘You have faith; I have deeds.’ Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. Faith without works is dead” (James 2:14-18),” stated Mwenye.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Power cut forces UNZA to cancel exams midway through - 14 Nov 2019
- Kambwili, Kampyongo’s hate speech influenced violence in 2016 elections, reveals report - 13 Nov 2019
- Speaker kicks out Nkombo - 13 Nov 2019
- Motorists have finally accepted speed cameras – RTSA boss - 12 Nov 2019
- It’s only in Zambia where debt contraction is perceived a crime – Mundubile - 11 Nov 2019
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both (6,613 views)
- Electoral violence inquiry report implicates Mumbi Phiri, Frank Bwalya, Mwata Kazembe (3,329 views)
- DEC summons Amos Chanda for questioning (2,575 views)
- Power deficit has worsened load shedding beyond 15hrs - Zesco (1,460 view)
- Yes, Zambia’s debt is criminal! (1,253 view)
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both
- I'm at the bottom but God has a plan, says Mutati as Nevers meets Lungu
- HH among directors of company seeking to mine in Lower Zambezi - Musukwa tells parley
- Govt cancelled presidential jet purchase due to austerity measures – Wina
- ConCourt ruling on ex-ministers different from my 2021 eligibility, this one is questionable - Lungu
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend