- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Zambia signs 3 nuclear pilot-phase contracts with RussiaBy Mukosha Funga on 20 Jun 2017 in Moscow, Russia
Zambia has signed three contracts with the Russian government to oversee the pilot phase of the construction of a Centre for Nuclear Science and Technology in the country, among other projects.
And Zambia has signed another agreement with Russia on the execution of feasibility studies of the nuclear power plant to be built in Zambia.
At one of the signing ceremonies held on the sidelines of the ongoing Atom Expo in Russia yesterday, Higher Education Ministry Permanent Secretary Owen Mugemezulu signed a contract for the construction of the nuclear centre in Zambia with Rusatom Overseas president Evgeny Pakermanov.
At the same event, Mugemezulu also; on behalf of government, signed a different agreement with Russia’s Joint Stock Company ‘Rusatom Service’ president Evgeny Salkov for assessment and development of nuclear infrastructure in Zambia and another one for the preliminary site survey for the Center of Nuclear Science and Technology in Zambia which he signed with Russia’s Joint Stock Company ASE Engineering Company president Valeriy Limarenko.
In accordance with this agreement, ASE Engineering Company will soon start field works on the prospective site in order to acquire data for design and construction of the facility.
And Ministry of Energy Permanent Secretary Emelda Chola also signed an agreement with Pakermanov for the execution of pre-feasibility and feasibility studies of the nuclear power plant to be constructed in Zambia.
During the signing ceremony, Pakermanov said his government was ready to assist Zambia develop its nuclear science and technology sector.
“Rosatom State Atomic Energy Corporation is ready to render maximum assistance to our Zambian partners in the development of their national nuclear science and technology sector. The agreements signed today represent a very important step in the implementation of the project. We expect that the general contract for construction of the Centre for Nuclear Science and Technology will be agreed upon and signed before the end of 2017,” said Pakermanov.
Secretary to the Cabinet Dr Rowland Msiska is leading the Zambian delegation at the 2017 AtomExpo in Russia and Attorney General Likando Kalaluka is one of those in attendance.
AtomExpo is a major exhibition and business platform for conducting meetings and negotiations between the worldwide leaders of the nuclear power industry.
The purpose of the Forum is to provide the leaders of nuclear power industry and nuclear power engineering with an opportunity to publicly define the place and role of nuclear generation in the 21st century energy balance, analyze the main challenges, issues and scenarios of development of the energy market worldwide.
The expo is attended by representatives from 168 countries this year.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Police allow UPND rally - 19 Oct 2017
- Wasteful govt expenditure angers CSOs - 19 Oct 2017
- Court acquits man accused of defaming Mumbi Phiri on WhatsApp - 19 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn’t know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer – Lungu - 18 Oct 2017
- DPP abusing nolles – HH - 17 Oct 2017
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- We are not a university for the poor - UNZA
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi's jersey at Day of Prayer
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge's prayer position sparks debate
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend