- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Zambia signs 3 nuclear pilot-phase contracts with RussiaBy Mukosha Funga on 20 Jun 2017 in Moscow, Russia
Zambia has signed three contracts with the Russian government to oversee the pilot phase of the construction of a Centre for Nuclear Science and Technology in the country, among other projects.
And Zambia has signed another agreement with Russia on the execution of feasibility studies of the nuclear power plant to be built in Zambia.
At one of the signing ceremonies held on the sidelines of the ongoing Atom Expo in Russia yesterday, Higher Education Ministry Permanent Secretary Owen Mugemezulu signed a contract for the construction of the nuclear centre in Zambia with Rusatom Overseas president Evgeny Pakermanov.
At the same event, Mugemezulu also; on behalf of government, signed a different agreement with Russia’s Joint Stock Company ‘Rusatom Service’ president Evgeny Salkov for assessment and development of nuclear infrastructure in Zambia and another one for the preliminary site survey for the Center of Nuclear Science and Technology in Zambia which he signed with Russia’s Joint Stock Company ASE Engineering Company president Valeriy Limarenko.
In accordance with this agreement, ASE Engineering Company will soon start field works on the prospective site in order to acquire data for design and construction of the facility.
And Ministry of Energy Permanent Secretary Emelda Chola also signed an agreement with Pakermanov for the execution of pre-feasibility and feasibility studies of the nuclear power plant to be constructed in Zambia.
During the signing ceremony, Pakermanov said his government was ready to assist Zambia develop its nuclear science and technology sector.
“Rosatom State Atomic Energy Corporation is ready to render maximum assistance to our Zambian partners in the development of their national nuclear science and technology sector. The agreements signed today represent a very important step in the implementation of the project. We expect that the general contract for construction of the Centre for Nuclear Science and Technology will be agreed upon and signed before the end of 2017,” said Pakermanov.
Secretary to the Cabinet Dr Rowland Msiska is leading the Zambian delegation at the 2017 AtomExpo in Russia and Attorney General Likando Kalaluka is one of those in attendance.
AtomExpo is a major exhibition and business platform for conducting meetings and negotiations between the worldwide leaders of the nuclear power industry.
The purpose of the Forum is to provide the leaders of nuclear power industry and nuclear power engineering with an opportunity to publicly define the place and role of nuclear generation in the 21st century energy balance, analyze the main challenges, issues and scenarios of development of the energy market worldwide.
The expo is attended by representatives from 168 countries this year.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Miles rejoins PF, endorses Lungu for 2021 - 14 Dec 2017
- Solicitor General challenges subpoena against Silungwe - 13 Dec 2017
- Let ZAWA complain about my rat song, not PF – Pilato - 13 Dec 2017
- Falls way villa sues Herve Renard over K742,512 debt - 12 Dec 2017
- Kambwili sues Daily Nation, Sakala for libel - 12 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend