- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Mukata appears in courtBy Mukosha Funga on 12 May 2017
Chilanga member of parliament Kieth Mukata has appeared in the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court on allegations of murder.
However, magistrate Ireen Wishimanga could not explain the charge to him this morning as his ‘wife’ and co-accused Charmine Musonda was not present before court.
Mukata, who is also a lawyer and Musonda, a business woman are accused of shooting dead a security guard at his law firm in Lusaka’s Rhodes Park area last week.
“Keith Akekelwa Mukata and Charmine Musonda on 6th May, 2017 at Lusaka in the Lusaka District of the Lusaka Province of the Republic of Zambia, jointly and whilst acting together did murder one Namakambwa Kailiakwenda,” read the indictment.
When the case came up today, the state said Musonda was unwell and that she was in hospital.
Magistrate Wishimanga then said it was not possible to explain the charge in the absence of the co-accused.
Defense lawyers Lubinda Linyama, Bonaventure Mutale, Bwalya Mukunza also confirmed that Musonda was in hospital.
Magistrate Wishimanga then adjourned the matter to May 19 for explanation of charge.
Mukata, who was escorted to court by four plain clothed police officers around 10:00 hours appeared calm.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Court throws out K5bn suit against Mutinta Hichilema - 16 Dec 2017
- NDC attackers are PF sympathisers, but not our members – Kamba - 16 Dec 2017
- Miles rejoins PF, endorses Lungu for 2021 - 14 Dec 2017
- Solicitor General challenges subpoena against Silungwe - 13 Dec 2017
- Let ZAWA complain about my rat song, not PF – Pilato - 13 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend