- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Mukata appears in courtBy Mukosha Funga on 12 May 2017
Chilanga member of parliament Kieth Mukata has appeared in the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court on allegations of murder.
However, magistrate Ireen Wishimanga could not explain the charge to him this morning as his ‘wife’ and co-accused Charmine Musonda was not present before court.
Mukata, who is also a lawyer and Musonda, a business woman are accused of shooting dead a security guard at his law firm in Lusaka’s Rhodes Park area last week.
“Keith Akekelwa Mukata and Charmine Musonda on 6th May, 2017 at Lusaka in the Lusaka District of the Lusaka Province of the Republic of Zambia, jointly and whilst acting together did murder one Namakambwa Kailiakwenda,” read the indictment.
When the case came up today, the state said Musonda was unwell and that she was in hospital.
Magistrate Wishimanga then said it was not possible to explain the charge in the absence of the co-accused.
Defense lawyers Lubinda Linyama, Bonaventure Mutale, Bwalya Mukunza also confirmed that Musonda was in hospital.
Magistrate Wishimanga then adjourned the matter to May 19 for explanation of charge.
Mukata, who was escorted to court by four plain clothed police officers around 10:00 hours appeared calm.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Mwamba says Lungu has summoned S/Africa opposition - 19 Aug 2017
- Mopani warns employees of possible shutdown - 18 Aug 2017
- VJ questions SADC, AU silence over HH persecution - 18 Aug 2017
- IG has accepted that he is incompetent – Tayali - 18 Aug 2017
- DPP enters nolle in IG case against Tayali - 18 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend