- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Simusamba brings HH treason case forwardBy Mukosha Funga on 6 Jun 2017
Lusaka principal resident magistrate David Simusamba has set June 8 for hearing on whether or not to commit treason accused Hakainde Hichilema to the High Court for trial.
The decision was arrived at after Hichilema’s lawyers and the state advocates met in the magistrate’s chambers to hear an application to abridge time.
Hichilema’s lawyer Mulambo Haimbe had asked the court to bring his clients earlier than the scheduled date.
When the matter came up state advocate Chimbeka Sakala did not object to the application to bring Hichilema earlier than the stated date of June 12.
“In fact, we are more than happy. It has always been our intention that the matter is committed,” said Sakala.
On May 19, Haimbe filed a notice to abridge time in which he asked the court to bring the accused to court on May 30 but the magistrate was not available and only returned from Ndola on Monday.
Hichilema and five others are accused of usurping the executive powers of the state.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Kambwili pleads not guilty to traffic offenses - 21 Aug 2017
- Govt u-turns on mandatory HIV testing - 21 Aug 2017
- Kambwili in court for traffic offenses - 21 Aug 2017
- Allowing prisoners to vote will bring confusion- FDD - 20 Aug 2017
- We haven’t warned of a shutdown – Mopani - 19 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend