by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018by Thomas Mulenga on 22 Mar 2018by Abraham Kalito on 22 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 22 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 19 Mar 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 7 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 2 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 14 Mar 2018
by Felix Kashweka on 10 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 2 Mar 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
Court adjourns Sumaili’s contempt case to Aug 23By Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
The Lusaka Magistrates Court has adjourned a matter in which UPND president Hakainde Hichilema asked it to cite Religious Affairs Minister Godfridah Sumaili for contempt to August 23 2017.
This is because senior resident magistrate Ireen Wishimanga is indisposed as she is attending a workshop.
Hichilema and five others were also not brought to court from Mukobeko Maximum Security Prison where they are remanded whilst the minister was also not available.
In this matter, Hichilema wants the court to cite Sumaili for contempt of court over remarks attributed to her that “HH is in prison because he pushed Lungu to the wall by not recognising his presidency”.
Hichilema said such utterances had the potential to prejudice him in his treason case which was criminal in nature.
The matter was supposed to come up for arguments over the Director of Public Prosecution’s intention to take over the proceedings which HH’s lawyers strongly objected to.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha Funga is a Zambian journalist interested in good governance and anti corruption reporting.
- CBU lecturers abusing justice process – CSER - 21 Mar 2018
- Lusambo takes walk of shame, vows to die for Lungu - 21 Mar 2018
- EU gives Zambia K12m for refugees - 21 Mar 2018
- Kalaba distances himself from extravagant spending on Lungu’s trips - 21 Mar 2018
- Matibini suspends Bowman for 30 days - 20 Mar 2018
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime
- State House clueless on how to handle New York dossier – Chipimo
- Kambwili is being persecuted – NDC
- Zambia has lost corruption fight – Mucheleka
- It’s demotivating that 88,101 farmers haven’t yet received inputs – ZNFU
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend