- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 19 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Court adjourns Sumaili’s contempt case to Aug 23By Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
The Lusaka Magistrates Court has adjourned a matter in which UPND president Hakainde Hichilema asked it to cite Religious Affairs Minister Godfridah Sumaili for contempt to August 23 2017.
This is because senior resident magistrate Ireen Wishimanga is indisposed as she is attending a workshop.
Hichilema and five others were also not brought to court from Mukobeko Maximum Security Prison where they are remanded whilst the minister was also not available.
In this matter, Hichilema wants the court to cite Sumaili for contempt of court over remarks attributed to her that “HH is in prison because he pushed Lungu to the wall by not recognising his presidency”.
Hichilema said such utterances had the potential to prejudice him in his treason case which was criminal in nature.
The matter was supposed to come up for arguments over the Director of Public Prosecution’s intention to take over the proceedings which HH’s lawyers strongly objected to.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- We haven’t warned of a shutdown – Mopani - 19 Aug 2017
- Africa must unite and fight neo-colonialism – Mwila - 19 Aug 2017
- Awkward: Maimane rejects Lungu’s invitation to meet - 19 Aug 2017
- Maimane, Malema have accepted invitation to meet Lungu – Mwamba - 19 Aug 2017
- Mwanawasa was a visionary – HH - 19 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend