by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Court adjourns Sumaili’s contempt case to Aug 23By Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
The Lusaka Magistrates Court has adjourned a matter in which UPND president Hakainde Hichilema asked it to cite Religious Affairs Minister Godfridah Sumaili for contempt to August 23 2017.
This is because senior resident magistrate Ireen Wishimanga is indisposed as she is attending a workshop.
Hichilema and five others were also not brought to court from Mukobeko Maximum Security Prison where they are remanded whilst the minister was also not available.
In this matter, Hichilema wants the court to cite Sumaili for contempt of court over remarks attributed to her that “HH is in prison because he pushed Lungu to the wall by not recognising his presidency”.
Hichilema said such utterances had the potential to prejudice him in his treason case which was criminal in nature.
The matter was supposed to come up for arguments over the Director of Public Prosecution’s intention to take over the proceedings which HH’s lawyers strongly objected to.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Lungu fires 3 permanent secretaries, makes reshuffles - 3 Sep 2019
- ZRA resolves $7.6 billion tax “evasion” by Kalumbila, waives some penalties - 26 Aug 2019
- Kabwe children contaminated with toxic Lead, reveals Human Rights Watch - 26 Aug 2019
- Luapula man beats wife to death for being drunk - 25 Aug 2019
- Govt’s job is not to defend the corrupt, but prosecute them – Mwenye - 23 Aug 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (3,246 views)
- How will judges rule on Bill 10 after submitting to Parley? (2,019 views)
- Govt deports Top Star's CEO (1,730 view)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (1,706 view)
- I'm not a drug dealer, I don't know Goswami, says Findlay (1,089 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend