- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Charles Mafa on 15 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
LAZ opposes formation of another lawyers’ associationBy Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017
The Law Association of Zambia has opposed Lusaka lawyer Robson Malipenga’s application to form another lawyers’ association saying he has no Constitutional right to belong to any other association.
And the Lusaka High Court has adjourned the case to February 19, 2018.
When the matter came up for hearing yesterday, LAZ president Linda Kasonde said the law was clear that only LAZ could license and regulate legal practitioners in Zambia.
She said LAZ was established to regulate and promote the legal profession in the interest of public order through the normal and harmonious functioning of the legal profession on the basis of a coherent system of ethical values and principles.
And Malipenga’s lawyer asked for an adjournment as counsel handling the matter, Diana Bunting, was unwell.
Judge Petronella Ngulube adjourned the matter to next year as there was no objection from both parties.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Freeing HH proves Judiciary is independent – PF - 16 Aug 2017
- It is not a nolle: Treason case has been dropped in public interest – Mwiimbu - 16 Aug 2017
- No one has won the treason case – IG - 16 Aug 2017
- UPND will restore order in Zambia – HH - 16 Aug 2017
- HH free as State discontinues treason case - 16 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend