- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Oct 2017by Patricia Mbewe and Anastasia Kasongo on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 23 Oct 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017
There are no documents to prove that Mumba Yachi is Congolese – WitnessBy Diggers Reporter on 10 Oct 2017
An immigrations officer has told the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court that there are no documents to prove that Mumba Yachi is from the Democratic Republic of Congo.
This is in a matter in which Mumba, whose real names are Shadrick Chite Mukenge, is facing a charge of unlawful stay in Zambia and two counts of giving of false information to public officers in a bid to obtain a national registration card and passport.
When the matter came up before magistrate Ruth Kapulo today, immigration officer Hillary Namunji narrated that on July 1, 2017, he was tasked to investigate Mumba’s parentage.
Namunji testified that he discovered that Mumba is a Congolese national who was born at a Catholic mission hospital in 1985 at Mokambo border post on the side of Democratic Republic of Congo.
He said the investigations reveled that Mumba’s parents are Congolese nationals who resides at house number 17 Mweenda avenue, Pedicle Road, Congo DR.
Namunji named Mumba’s mother as Mary Kori Clare while the father is Mr Funji.
He told the court that a couple which the accused purported to be his parents, Francis Nonde Mumba and his wife Rhodia Mwitwa Mumba; a Congolese national, denied knowing him.
Namunji told the court that he had known Mumba for five years as he used to frequent the border post to see his parents.
He said Mumba never renounced his citizenship of origin for him to qualify to be Zambian.
But in cross examination, Namunji said he did not retrieve any documents from DRC over the nationality of the accused.
He said, there were no documents to indentify that Mumba is from Congo
About Diggers Reporter
- Msiska invites citizens to military Independence fireworks display - 22 Oct 2017
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend