- by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jan 2018
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Jan 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 18 Jan 2018
- by Diggers Reporter on 18 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2018
- Editor's Choice
- by Felix Kashweka on 13 Jan 2018by Diggers Admin on 11 Jan 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 6 Jan 2018by Felix Kashweka on 31 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 22 Jan 2018by Dr Charles Sinkala on 22 Jan 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Jan 2018by Nachilala Nkombo on 20 Jan 2018
There are no documents to prove that Mumba Yachi is Congolese – WitnessBy Diggers Reporter on 10 Oct 2017
An immigrations officer has told the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court that there are no documents to prove that Mumba Yachi is from the Democratic Republic of Congo.
This is in a matter in which Mumba, whose real names are Shadrick Chite Mukenge, is facing a charge of unlawful stay in Zambia and two counts of giving of false information to public officers in a bid to obtain a national registration card and passport.
When the matter came up before magistrate Ruth Kapulo today, immigration officer Hillary Namunji narrated that on July 1, 2017, he was tasked to investigate Mumba’s parentage.
Namunji testified that he discovered that Mumba is a Congolese national who was born at a Catholic mission hospital in 1985 at Mokambo border post on the side of Democratic Republic of Congo.
He said the investigations reveled that Mumba’s parents are Congolese nationals who resides at house number 17 Mweenda avenue, Pedicle Road, Congo DR.
Namunji named Mumba’s mother as Mary Kori Clare while the father is Mr Funji.
He told the court that a couple which the accused purported to be his parents, Francis Nonde Mumba and his wife Rhodia Mwitwa Mumba; a Congolese national, denied knowing him.
Namunji told the court that he had known Mumba for five years as he used to frequent the border post to see his parents.
He said Mumba never renounced his citizenship of origin for him to qualify to be Zambian.
But in cross examination, Namunji said he did not retrieve any documents from DRC over the nationality of the accused.
He said, there were no documents to indentify that Mumba is from Congo
About Diggers Reporter
- Elephants coach sees Zambia, Namibia in CHAN final - 22 Jan 2018
- Judge recuses self from hearing M’membe’s case over Post liquidation - 18 Jan 2018
- M’membe challenges Post liquidation, sues ZRA - 17 Jan 2018
- Magistrate commits 11 to High Court for aggravated robbery trial - 17 Jan 2018
- Juvenile pleads not guilty to rape - 17 Jan 2018
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «January 2018»
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend