- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Kalaba misses out on CAF player of the year awardBy Nelson Kazeze on 6 Jan 2017
CHIPOLOPOLO skipper Rainford Kalaba has missed out on CAF African Footballer of the year based in Africa Award.
The former Zesco United ace, who now plays at Congolese giants TP Mazembe, made the top three shortlist for the award designed to reward players who ply their trade on the continent but lost out to Ugandan goalkeeper Denis Onyango at the 2016 Glo-CAF Awards Gala held at the International Conference Centre in Abuja, Nigeria yesterday Thursday 5, January,2017.
The midfield maestro was influential in guiding Mazembe to glory in the CAF Confederations Cup and emerged as overall top scorer of the tournament with Eight goals.
This was the second time the Zambian skipper was shortlisted in the final three of the African Player of the Year.
Kalaba polled 206 votes while Zimbabwean Khama Billiat and Winner Denis Onyango who got 228 and 252 respectively.
Onyango made history by becoming the first goalkeeper to scoop the award.
The Ugandan Short stopper was critical to Uganda’s qualification to the Africa Cup of Nations for the first time after a 39-year absence, and also starred in Mamelodi Sundowns’ conquest of Africa last year.
About Nelson Kazeze
Nelson Kazeze is a Zambian multi-skilled journalist with an emphasis on sports news.
Email: nelson [at] diggers [dot] news
- New Twist: Mayuka stays at Zamalek - 31 Jan 2017
- Zambia U-20 to face Amajita in international friendly - 31 Jan 2017
- Zesco United players pledge to fulfill target - 30 Jan 2017
- Napsa Stars sign Bageya, four others - 30 Jan 2017
- Zamalek wants Mayuka out - 28 Jan 2017
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- PF to remove Financial Intelligence boss
- ‘Wife’ sues Muvi TV owner over matrimonial house
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- 3 Zimbabwean women in court for stealing food from Pick n Pay
- Court refuses to resolve UNIP leadership wrangles
- PF will waste millions in compensation over illegally terminated contracts – TIZ
- Police place bounty on killers of Chinese national
- $25m ADB loan to building society will push national housing agenda – ZUFIAW
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend