- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Nov 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Mass Exodus of players at Zanaco worrisome – MalitoliBy Nelson Kazeze on 11 Jan 2017
THE mass exodus of players at 2016 MTN/FAZ Super Division champions Zanaco is worrisome says veteran footballer Kenneth Malitoli.
In an interview today, January 11, 2017, Malitoli who won the CAF Champions League with Tunisian giants Esperance in 1994, said Zanaco were going to experience challenges in both the league and CAF champions league.
He added that the bulk of the players leaving were at the core of the club’s success.
“Losing the bulk of the team is dangerous. They are going to experience challenges because they have a busy schedule with both CAF and FAZ competitions and the new recruits will obviously need time to jell and play together as a team,” said Malitoli.
Malitoli said there was need for Zanaco to maintain and retain its players in order to achieve better results. Zanaco has experienced a mass exodus since winning the title last year with the latest to leave being former Chipolopolo midfielder Isaac Chansa who was spotted at Zhako FC in Iraq on Tuesday.
Others who have left the club are midfielder Rodrick Kabwe, who has joined Ajax Cape town in South Africa, while Salulani Phiri has also joined Polokwane City in South Africa.
Defender Aaron Katebe joined Nkana last week while midfielder Aubrey Funga was spotted at Ajax Cape town training grounds and could join former teammate Kabwe upon completion of trials.
Striker Davey Daka and defender Fackson Kapumbu are also being linked with moves to Ndola giants Zesco United while 2016 Zambian Footballer of the year Ziyo Tembo is linked to a move to Zimbabwean club Bulawayo Highlanders.
Winger Charles Zulu is also rumored to be headed for trials in Switzerland while striker Fashion Sakala is reported to be itching for a move away from the club.
Zanaco will represent Zambia in the CAF champions league and begin the campaign with a date against A.P.R of Rwanda on February11,2017 at Nkoloma stadium.
About Nelson Kazeze
Nelson Kazeze is a Zambian multi-skilled journalist with an emphasis on sports news.
Email: nelson [at] diggers [dot] news
- New Twist: Mayuka stays at Zamalek - 31 Jan 2017
- Zambia U-20 to face Amajita in international friendly - 31 Jan 2017
- Zesco United players pledge to fulfill target - 30 Jan 2017
- Napsa Stars sign Bageya, four others - 30 Jan 2017
- Zamalek wants Mayuka out - 28 Jan 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend