- by Joseph Mwenda on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jul 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
Zambia draws Bissau, Namibia in 2019 AFCON qualifiersBy Nelson Kazeze on 13 Jan 2017
ZAMBIA has been placed in Group K of the 2019 AFCON tournament along with Guinea Bissau, Mozambique and Namibia. This follows a draw conducted on Thursday night, January 12, 2017, by the Confederation of African Football (CAF) at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Libreville, Gabon.
And National team coach Wedson ‘Wada Wada’ Nyirenda said Zambia had been handed a favorable draw but emphasized that there were no week teams in football anymore.
“It’s a favorable draw bit there are no small teams in football anymore. Our challenge is now how we are going to prepare the senior national team considering that we also have commitments with the U-20 national team. We will find a way to assemble locally based player as early as possible, “said Nyirenda who is also attached to the U-20- ahead of the Africa U-20 cup of nations that Zambia hosts next month.
The 2012 AFCON champions were seeded in pot 1 along with other African power houses despite missing out on the 2017 Edition that kicks off tomorrow January 14, 2017 in Gabon.
Chipolopolo will be seeking revenge against Guinea Bissau who are largely responsible for Zambia’s absence at the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations.
The Chipolopolo lost a crucial away match to Guinea Bissau in the 2017 qualifier to miss out on the continents biggest soccer show piece.
The Chipolopolo are currently ranked 88 on the FIFA rankings and are sitting on position 21 on the CAF rankings. Guinea Bissau who were in pot 3 are the highest ranked team in the group sitting on number 68 and 15 on the FIFA and CAF rankings respectively.
Meanwhile, Mozambique, who are ranked 102 and 32 on the FIFA and CAF rankings respectively, were drawn from pot 2 while Namibia were in pot 4 and are ranked 100 and 27 on the FIFA and CAF rakings respectively.
The qualifiers are set to begin in June.
About Nelson Kazeze
Nelson Kazeze is a Zambian multi-skilled journalist with an emphasis on sports news.
Email: nelson [at] diggers [dot] news
- New Twist: Mayuka stays at Zamalek - 31 Jan 2017
- Zambia U-20 to face Amajita in international friendly - 31 Jan 2017
- Zesco United players pledge to fulfill target - 30 Jan 2017
- Napsa Stars sign Bageya, four others - 30 Jan 2017
- Zamalek wants Mayuka out - 28 Jan 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend