- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
FASHION RETURNS as coach unveils squad to face NigeriaBy Diggers Reporter on 29 Sep 2017
Zambia Under-20 midfielder Edward Chilufya is finally set for his senior debut after missing last month’s dates against Algeria due to administrative reasons following his move to Swedish club Djurgårdens.
And Under-20 striker Fashion Sakala is back from suspension to face Nigeria after picking a red card against Algeria earlier this month.
Chipolopolo coach Wedson Nyirenda has also maintained brace hero Brian Mwila and another Under-20 star striker Patson Daka in his final 23-member squad.
Meanwhile, Nyirenda has snubbed captain and midfielder Rainford Kalaba for a second successive date, while insisting that the TP Mazembe playmaker is still part of his plans.
Kalaba was ignored for the September 5 Group B away date against Algeria after missing the September 2 first leg match against The North Africans due to a one-match suspension.
Also not picked for the trip to Nigeria is Kalaba’s club mate and fellow midfielder Nathan Sinkala who was also overlooked for September’s Group B doubleheader.
“They are Zambian players and the door has always been open for every other player,” Nyirenda said.
“But for this encounter, we have chosen these 23 that we feel we will use. They will be called in the future.”
Zambia head in to their must-win clash in 2nd in Group B on 7 points, three points behind Nigeria.
Third placed Cameroon and bottom of the log Algeria are out of the race on 3 and 1 point respectively.
Meanwhile, Zambia departs for Ghana this Sunday where they will set up a four-day training camp while in transit to Nigeria.
All the 11 foreign based call-ups will link-up with their 12 domestic counterparts in Accra starting on Sunday.
GOALKEEPERS: Kennedy Mweene (Mamelodi Sundowns, South Africa), Toaster Nsabata (Zanaco), Allan Chibwe (Power Dynamos)
DEFENDERS: Simon Silwimba, Fackson Kapumbu (both Zesco United), Adrian Chama (Green Buffaloes), Stoppilla Sunzu (Arsenal Tula, Russia), Ziyo Tembo (Zanaco), Isaac Shamujompa (Power Dynamos)
MIDFIELDERS: Chisamba Lungu (Alanyaspor, Turkey), Edward Chilufya (Djurgårdens, Sweden), Donashano Malama (Nkana), Kondwani Mtonga, Misheck Chaila (both Zesco United), Augustine Mulenga (Zanaco), Enock Mwepu (FC Liefering, Austria), Emmanuel Banda (KV Oostende, Belgium), Roderick Kabwe (Ajax Cape Town ,South Africa), Ernest Mbewe (Zanaco)
STRIKERS: Justin Shonga (Orlando Pirates, South Africa), Fashion Sakala (Spartak Moscow, Russia), Brian Mwila (Platinum Stars, South Africa), Patson Daka (Red Bull Salzburg, Austria)
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Mazabuka mob drags suspect out of hospital, kills him - 20 Feb 2020
- Cops sustain injuries in N/West riots - 1 Feb 2020
- Vedanta warns Milingo against defying court order, selling mine assets - 29 Jan 2020
- PF justifies delivery of ambulance in Chilubi - 22 Jan 2020
- Zambia will keep sex education within religious norms – Mabumba - 16 Dec 2019
- PF official gets terrorism charges over gassing (12,796 views)
- Where is the father while the mother weeps “amwa peeling?” (11,859 views)
- Gassing can't be stopped in one day - State House (7,393 views)
- ACC probes Health Minister for corruption (7,248 views)
- Top Chingola cops implicated in gassing incidences (6,377 views)
- Lungu wants Kambwili back in PF, claims GBM
- Enjoy the sweet, but remember Guy Scott who sweated for it
- Wina is lying, Zambia suffering because of theft in govt, not because of by-elections - Sangwa
- Where is the father while the mother weeps “amwa peeling?”
- Gassing can't be stopped in one day - State House
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «February 2020»
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- PF official gets terrorism charges over gassing
- It’s every man for himself under Lungu – Milupi
- ACC probes Health Minister for corruption
- Chilubi outcome shows 2021 polls won’t be free and fair – AVAP
- Criminals are changing tactics, soldiers can’t root them out instantly – Chama
- Bill 10 has polarized Zambia – Kabimba
- Lungu renews Bible Society membership, as netizens drag him back to gassing
- Soko not entitled to any of his claims, RTSA tells court
- Interest rates rise to 28%
- Lumezi MP backs Bill 10
- Southern Province in internet blackout
- Cooperatives must be used as viable businesses, Mungalaba tells entrepreneurs
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend