- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
I’ve been HIV positive for 20 years- Keembe MPBy Mukosha Funga on 6 Jan 2017
I GET goosebumps thinking about my life, says Keembe UPND member of parliament Princess Kasune.
Kasune, who is the first Parliamentarian to openly declare her HIV status, has posted a heartwarming update on her Facebook page celebrating what God had done in her life today, January 6, 2017; her birthday.
“God has been good and gracious to me. To him is all the praise and honour. What can I say apart from to enjoy each day, overcome every obstacle, climb very maintain in my destiny and helping those less privileged to the best of my ability,” Kasune Zulu writes on her Facebook page.
‘To my fellow Keembians. I am officially 41 years old, more than ever am grateful for life. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve along with you as your MP. I have lived exactly 20 years with HIV, healthy, beautiful, intelligent, full of love, passion, compassion, friendships & to top it all, family.”
Kasune recounts some of the challenges she has overcome in her life.
“From a humble beginning of being a double orphan at 17, teenage mother, HIV positive at 21, grade 11 eleven school dropout, just a young vulnerable village girl of Chipopo village in Keembe constituency in Chibombo, rural Zambia. To become the founder of an NGO/NP helping vulnerable children and those infected with HIV/AIDS, from being a volunteer as peer educator at CHEP, Kitwe and a humble assistant development facilitator at World Vision Zambia-to become a spokesperson for World Vision USA and other countries,” she writes.
“Meetings with President [George] Bush and other Presidents; even [Barrack] Obama, sat next to him on the same bench at AFC before he become President. To becoming a master degree holder with two degrees. Against all odds as an MP/senator for Keembe constituency. Blessed with marriage, above all the mother to my three biological children and five adopted. I cheated death twice in 2016. I get goosebumps thinking about my own life to sum it all. God has been good and gracious to me. To him is all the praise and honour.”
She advises people to live positively and aim high in life.
“What can l say apart from enjoy each day, overcome every obstacle, climb very maintain in my destiny and helping those less privileged to the best of my ability. Indeed, each one of us are the captain of our own lives. Live positively, tell yourself you are gorgeous, intelligent, destined for higher heights, aim higher, block all negative people or delete them in your life, because the world will try to bring you down and tell you otherwise,” writes Kasune.
Kasune is married to American David Schoefernacker.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- ZANASU drags Luo to court over threats to ban students unions - 17 Aug 2017
- Minister explains mandatory HIV testing policy - 17 Aug 2017
- HH’s release first step towards restoring democracy in Zambia – Maimane - 17 Aug 2017
- Freeing HH proves Judiciary is independent – PF - 16 Aug 2017
- It is not a nolle: Treason case has been dropped in public interest – Mwiimbu - 16 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend