by Thomas Mulenga on 22 May 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 May 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 May 2019by Thomas Mulenga on 22 May 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Guest Digger on 22 May 2019by Thomas Mulenga on 22 May 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 May 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 21 May 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 May 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 22 May 2019by Mukosha Funga on 22 May 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 May 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2019
by Diggers Editor on 22 May 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 May 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 May 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 May 2019
by Sampa Kabwela on 18 May 2019by Felix Kashweka on 16 May 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 26 Apr 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 23 Apr 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Guest Digger on 22 May 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 21 May 2019by Dr Munyonzwe Hamalengwa on 19 May 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 16 May 2019
How Joe Chibangu diedBy Mukosha Funga on 3 Feb 2017
SINGER Joe Chibangu complained of severe headache since mid January and was noticed vomiting blood before his sudden death, ZambianMusic.Net quoted a relative as saying.
According to the local music website, which has released a tribute song for the 41-year-old pioneer of contemporary Zambian music, a cousin who took him to the hospital reported to doctors at Coptic Hospital about his strange condition.
Joe Chibangu was taken to Coptic Hospital already dead. His cousin told doctors that since mid January he had been complaining of severe headache and started vomiting blood,” the music website reported moments after the singer’s death.
Chibangu, famously known as the music ‘ambassador’ was discovered dead at his residence in Lusaka’s Thornpark area this morning.
According to family members, Chibangu was found laying motionless on the floor in his home by his niece who alerted other family members.
The family then rushed him to Coptic Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
“He wasn’t even sick, he’s been fine all along so this is very shocking. We suspect it must have been hypertension but we will have to wait for the official postmortem results. And the sad part is that his wife isn’t even around,” said a family member.
Chibangu, who began his music career on the Copperbelt in the 90s, was one of the founding pioneers of contemporary Zambian music.
— Chela Katwishi (@ChelaKatwishi) February 3, 2017
He made his entry into the industry under his group Rap Prophets and later worked with a number of emerging musicians at the time like JK, Mainza and Wille.
In Lusaka, he found his feet at the Mondo Music working with then music promoter Chisha Folotiya.
It was at Mondo that Chibangu, as producer, developed music careers of artistes like, Shatel, Tribal Cousins, Black Muntu and many others; earning him the title ‘Ambassador’.
He further went on to produce his debut album titled ‘The Ambassador’.
His memorable songs include ‘Sera‘, ‘Bamudala‘, ‘Takwakabe‘; featuring Danny, ‘ I’ll be waiting‘ featuring K’Millian, ‘Dezelo‘ featuring MC Wabwino and ‘ Unjelele‘ featuring late PJ.
He is survived by a wife and three children.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha Funga is a Zambian journalist interested in good governance and anti corruption reporting.
- Since inception, KCM has only paid US$58m dividends, ZCCM-IH tells court - 22 May 2019
- I didn’t say there’re no problems in the economy, Amos clarifies - 22 May 2019
- High Court orders Diamond General Insurance to compensate Downtown mall Complex repairs - 21 May 2019
- KCM placed under liquidation, Milingo Lungu takes charge as provisional liquidator - 21 May 2019
- There’re no fundamental economic challenges, it’s the dollar appreciating – Amos - 20 May 2019
- KCM placed under liquidation, Milingo Lungu takes charge as provisional liquidator
- Chomba Kaoma reports Kaizer to police for slapping him
- I hear you've been boasting that you have me in your pocket, Lungu asks AVIC
- Gunshots fired as KCM liquidator storms Chingola to takeover assets
- Lungu dares Church: You're not holier than others, if you're angry take me on
- CBU failed to remit K686 million to ZRA, NAPSA in 2017 – Auditor General
- I didn’t believe mum when she said ‘hubby’ is my brother, incest accused tells court
- Lusaka man gets 8 months for hitting wife with pot
- PF political architecture a danger to peace, stability – CSOs
- Gary challenges Sakwiba to name UPND MPs who were texting him at NDF
Subscribe for email alerts
ArchivesJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend