- by Joseph Mwenda on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jul 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
Regina leaves fond memoriesBy Tenson Mkhala on 4 Mar 2017
Minister of National Guidance and Religious Affairs Reverend Godfridah Sumaili says former president Frederick Chiluba’s widow Regina was a humble politician who united the MMD women’s league.
And Zambia’s High Commissioner to South Africa Emmanuel Mwamba described Regina as a courageous woman who stood strong for her husband in difficult times.
Meanwhile, UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema encouraged the family to stay strong during the trying period.
Speaking during Regina’s requiem mass at the Anglican Cathedral of the Holy Cross today, Rev Sumaili said the nation had lost a great woman who had a passion for God and poor women.
“Regina was a humble politician who united the MMD women’s league. She was a hardworking woman, a loving mother and a person who stood by her husband. The nation has lost a great woman who had a passion for God and poor women,” said Rev Sumaili.
And Mwamba, who was Chiluba’s spokesperson, said Regina was loyal to her family and husband.
“Regina was a courageous woman. I remember the time when late president Chiluba was being persecuted, this woman was always there for him. She was a woman who had the fear of God and she could always encourage her late husband to believe in God,” said Mwamba adding that Regina would be remembered for her hard work, kindness and love.
Meanwhile, Hichilema encouraged Regina’s family to stay strong.
“As you have heard from the church, she was a wonderful human being, a child of God and all the good things have been said already in Church. We can only wish the family Godly ways to continue amongst themselves. Otherwise, we all don’t know when we are going, only God knows when our time shall come. We will all accept it because we have no choice. We wish the family strength once again,” said Hichilema.
The requiem mass was attended by hundreds of dignitaries who paid their last respects.
Regina succumbed to cancer on February 25, 2017 at the University Teaching Hospital.Related Items
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend