- by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Lusambo gets a share of irrelevant honorary doctoratesBy Mukosha Funga on 2 May 2017
Copperbelt Minister Bowman Lusambo has been conferred with an honorary doctorate in public administration for his contribution to the growth of democracy in Zambia.
At the honorary award ceremony held in Pretoria, South Africa over the weekend by the Pan African Missionary Association, an affiliate of St Thomas-A-Beckett University of Canterbury, Kent in England, Dr Thinus Van Dyk said Lusambo was a true inspiration for many young people in Zambia and across the world.
Dr Dyk said the university had closely followed Lusambo’s political activities and was impressed by his strong commitment to uplifting the lives of the vulnerable in society especially young people.
He said the honorary doctorate should serve as motivation for other young people in Africa to rise and contribute to the development of the continent.
And Dr Johnny Johnson said Lusambo’s political activism should encourage young people to venture into politics as a way of serving humanity.
Receiving the gesture, Lusambo described it as humbling.
He thanked President Edgar Chagwa Lungu for entrusting young people with leadership roles in his administration.
“The doctorate should motivate me do even more for the people of Zambia especially my fellow youths. This would not have happened if it weren’t for the sound vision of His Excellency President Edgar Chagwa Lungu who saw leadership potential in me and appointed me to administer affairs of a very sensitive province,” said Lusambo .
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Court acquits man accused of defaming Mumbi Phiri on WhatsApp - 19 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn’t know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer – Lungu - 18 Oct 2017
- DPP abusing nolles – HH - 17 Oct 2017
- UNZA gives “Ruins” to female students in a bid to stop riots - 16 Oct 2017
- IMF presses Zambia redefine its borrowing plans - 16 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
- Court acquits man accused of defaming Mumbi Phiri on WhatsApp
- ZICTA confiscates transmitter for a Choma community radio station
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge’s prayer position sparks debate
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi’s jersey at Day of Prayer
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend