- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Lusambo gets a share of irrelevant honorary doctoratesBy Mukosha Funga on 2 May 2017
Copperbelt Minister Bowman Lusambo has been conferred with an honorary doctorate in public administration for his contribution to the growth of democracy in Zambia.
At the honorary award ceremony held in Pretoria, South Africa over the weekend by the Pan African Missionary Association, an affiliate of St Thomas-A-Beckett University of Canterbury, Kent in England, Dr Thinus Van Dyk said Lusambo was a true inspiration for many young people in Zambia and across the world.
Dr Dyk said the university had closely followed Lusambo’s political activities and was impressed by his strong commitment to uplifting the lives of the vulnerable in society especially young people.
He said the honorary doctorate should serve as motivation for other young people in Africa to rise and contribute to the development of the continent.
And Dr Johnny Johnson said Lusambo’s political activism should encourage young people to venture into politics as a way of serving humanity.
Receiving the gesture, Lusambo described it as humbling.
He thanked President Edgar Chagwa Lungu for entrusting young people with leadership roles in his administration.
“The doctorate should motivate me do even more for the people of Zambia especially my fellow youths. This would not have happened if it weren’t for the sound vision of His Excellency President Edgar Chagwa Lungu who saw leadership potential in me and appointed me to administer affairs of a very sensitive province,” said Lusambo .
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- We haven’t warned of a shutdown – Mopani - 19 Aug 2017
- Africa must unite and fight neo-colonialism – Mwila - 19 Aug 2017
- Awkward: Maimane rejects Lungu’s invitation to meet - 19 Aug 2017
- Maimane, Malema have accepted invitation to meet Lungu – Mwamba - 19 Aug 2017
- Mwanawasa was a visionary – HH - 19 Aug 2017
- Police block HH release celebrations in Western Province
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC
- Resolve differences around Zambia-Canada Foreign and Investment Promotion Agreement
- Tribute to the 5 ‘co-abused’
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend