- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
TOO LATE: Bwalya claims Mwila never ordered cadres to share landBy Stella Goma on 19 Jan 2017
PATRIOTIC Front secretary general Davies Mwila did not instruct cadres to hijack bus stations, claims party deputy spokesperson Frank Bwalya.
On Tuesday January 17, 2017, Mwila met PF officials in Kabwe and told them that they had the power to share land amongst themselves before advertising the rest.
Mwila also castigated them for failing to take over the running of bus stations in the town saying it was unacceptable to have UPND cadres ‘in charge’.
“Yalya ama plot ba mayor, nimwe mu kwete amaka. Ama plots nga yali 500, ba councilor, nimwe mu kwete amaka kweba ati aweh, mwachita advertise 300, mwafumyapo na 200. Namu kwata amaka. 200 mwafumyapo, 300 mwatwala ku chintu bwingi and 200 mwa akanyamo naba ward chairman naba nani (Those plots Mr Mayor, you are the one with the power. If those plots are 500, you the councilors are the ones with the powers to say ‘we shall advertise 300 and remove 200. You have the powers to remove 200 and take the rest for others to access and you can share with the ward chairmen and others),” said Mwila.
“The problem is that we are lazy. As the UPND were getting in the markets, we were watching them, then we come and say they all UPND, where have you been? We have discussed this matter with the provincial chairman and the minister. If anything, the party has said…how are we running all the bus stations in Lusaka? So you mean we can fail to run the stations here? You want me to go and bring ‘commando’ [PF Intercity branch chairman Eddie Gowa]? We are in government and we have to be in control. It’s politics, we are not at church, no! Is this a church?” asked Mwila, as the cadres responded “no.”
But the opposition has demanded that Mwila be arrested for inciting lawlessness and civil unrest.
In separate statements today, January 19, 2017, FDD spokesperson Antonio Mwanza and UPND secretary general Stephen Katuka expressed disappointment over Mwila’s utterances.
However, Bwalya has now come to Mwila’s defence, claiming that the latter did not issue such instructions, despite there being both audio and video footage of the meeting.
“As to who runs bus stations and markets in this country for instance, the law is very clear so there is no way the SG could have said anything other than what the law says and so they are just fishing in the dust and trying to put words in the mouth of the PF official thinking that if they continue to be heard, they will maintain their relevance,” said Bwalya.
About Stella Goma
Stella Goma has a passion for a democratic society and transparency in governance.
Email: stella [at] diggers [dot] news
- Sumaili explains her plan for Religious Ministry - 9 Apr 2017
- Mosho confirms auction sale of Post assets - 5 Apr 2017
- There’s too much animosity between PF and UPND – HRC - 4 Apr 2017
- HH says Lungu is a clueless hyena - 4 Apr 2017
- Matale defends LAZ - 1 Feb 2017
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,569 view)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (1,423 view)
- You'll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt (1,090 view)
- If some UPND MPs want to support Bill 10, they must reflect, think about the people - Mwiimbu (925 views)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (909 views)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India
- PF clueless on how to fix declining economy – Kabimba
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt
- Mealie meal has become too expensive for ordinary Zambians – Msoni
- British envoy urges Chevening scholars to use their talent to develop Zambia after study
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend