- by Joseph Mwenda on 11 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 11 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 11 Dec 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 11 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 11 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 7 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 6 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Reporter on 4 Dec 2017by Laura Miti on 24 Nov 2017by The Washington Post on 16 Nov 2017by Times of Zambia employees on 15 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017by Joseph Mwenya on 28 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Police arrest 4 UPND youths, link them to arsonBy Mukosha Funga on 26 Apr 2017
Police today arrested four UPND youths around the magistrate court premises and linked them to arson after finding potassium permanganate in their vehicle.
And police have arrested a Facebook user for inciting violence on his social media page.
In a statement, police spokesperson Esther Mwaata-Katongo identified the suspects and said they were suspected to be behind a spate of fires experienced in Lusaka in the recent past.
“The suspects have been identified as Remmy Mukuba, aged 35 of Kamwala South who is UPND Provincial Youth Vice Treasurer, Fabian Mwanza Lubona, aged 23, of Kanyama compound, Martin Muchindu, 35 of Chilulu Garden, a UPND Youth Provincial Trustee for Lusaka Province, Kelvin Mwansa Mupulisa, 30 of Makeni Villa who is UPND Information publicity secretary for ward 10, Kanyama Constituency,” Katongo explained.
She said the suspected were arrested early in the morning around 03:50.
“The suspects were apprehended outside Lusaka Central Correctional Facility at about 03 50 hours. They were in a Toyota Nadia Registration Number ALL 3315 which was parked in front of the Camp’s main gate. Upon being challenged by alert armed officers, they attempted to drive off but the officers quickly intercepted them,” she said.
“After searching their vehicle, the following items were found: One bow and three arrows, Two brown plastic bottles of potassium permanganate, A small paper containing some black powder, four rechargeable batteries, one mega phone, three empty grain bags, one chitenge material for Patriotic Front, one blue 5 litre empty container smelling petrol, eight small paper flags for the United Party for National Development, a bottle of Glycerine, two paper tubes and some match sticks.”
Katongo said the four were detained in police custody.
“They are currently detained in police custody and investigations are still underway. You may wish to note that a combination of some of the substances found on these suspects can cause an instant explosion or fire. We are warning all those planning to cause confusion in this country to stay away from trouble because law enforcement officers are on high alert and will not relent to apprehend anyone found wanting,” she said.
“What they should know is that their days are numbered. I wish to take this opportunity to urge all members of the public to be vigilant as well and report any suspicious person or activity to police.”
And Katongo said police also arrested a 34-year-old Facebook user for using social media to incite violence.
“Meanwhile, we have apprehended a male person identified as Geofrey Lumingu aged 34 of Garden House for conspiring with other persons via social media to incite violence.
“In his posting, the accused person incited other persons to recruit people with military training or any other persons to begin capturing senior government officials and Patriotic Front officials. He has been charged with seditious practices contrary to section 51(1)(a) and section 60 (1) (i) of the Penal Code Cap 87 of the Laws of Zambia. He is currently detained in Police custody and will appear in court soon.”
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Kambwii sues Amos Chanda for defamation - 11 Dec 2017
- Routine HIV testing yielding positive results – Lungu - 11 Dec 2017
- Feature HH on Sunday Interview, UPND asks ZNBC DG - 11 Dec 2017
- It’s unwise to demand evidence from whistleblowers – TIZ - 10 Dec 2017
- Video exposes police beating CBU students - 10 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend