- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Oct 2017by Linda Jere on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Police arrest 4 UPND youths, link them to arsonBy Mukosha Funga on 26 Apr 2017
Police today arrested four UPND youths around the magistrate court premises and linked them to arson after finding potassium permanganate in their vehicle.
And police have arrested a Facebook user for inciting violence on his social media page.
In a statement, police spokesperson Esther Mwaata-Katongo identified the suspects and said they were suspected to be behind a spate of fires experienced in Lusaka in the recent past.
“The suspects have been identified as Remmy Mukuba, aged 35 of Kamwala South who is UPND Provincial Youth Vice Treasurer, Fabian Mwanza Lubona, aged 23, of Kanyama compound, Martin Muchindu, 35 of Chilulu Garden, a UPND Youth Provincial Trustee for Lusaka Province, Kelvin Mwansa Mupulisa, 30 of Makeni Villa who is UPND Information publicity secretary for ward 10, Kanyama Constituency,” Katongo explained.
She said the suspected were arrested early in the morning around 03:50.
“The suspects were apprehended outside Lusaka Central Correctional Facility at about 03 50 hours. They were in a Toyota Nadia Registration Number ALL 3315 which was parked in front of the Camp’s main gate. Upon being challenged by alert armed officers, they attempted to drive off but the officers quickly intercepted them,” she said.
“After searching their vehicle, the following items were found: One bow and three arrows, Two brown plastic bottles of potassium permanganate, A small paper containing some black powder, four rechargeable batteries, one mega phone, three empty grain bags, one chitenge material for Patriotic Front, one blue 5 litre empty container smelling petrol, eight small paper flags for the United Party for National Development, a bottle of Glycerine, two paper tubes and some match sticks.”
Katongo said the four were detained in police custody.
“They are currently detained in police custody and investigations are still underway. You may wish to note that a combination of some of the substances found on these suspects can cause an instant explosion or fire. We are warning all those planning to cause confusion in this country to stay away from trouble because law enforcement officers are on high alert and will not relent to apprehend anyone found wanting,” she said.
“What they should know is that their days are numbered. I wish to take this opportunity to urge all members of the public to be vigilant as well and report any suspicious person or activity to police.”
And Katongo said police also arrested a 34-year-old Facebook user for using social media to incite violence.
“Meanwhile, we have apprehended a male person identified as Geofrey Lumingu aged 34 of Garden House for conspiring with other persons via social media to incite violence.
“In his posting, the accused person incited other persons to recruit people with military training or any other persons to begin capturing senior government officials and Patriotic Front officials. He has been charged with seditious practices contrary to section 51(1)(a) and section 60 (1) (i) of the Penal Code Cap 87 of the Laws of Zambia. He is currently detained in Police custody and will appear in court soon.”
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President – Mwila - 21 Oct 2017
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on – GBM - 21 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition – JCC - 20 Oct 2017
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows - 20 Oct 2017
- Ministry warns of Cholera spread if UPND rally goes ahead - 20 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- MP pins Mabumba on low fuel prices during elections
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on - GBM
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President - Mwila
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend