- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Turkey commits to support Zambia’s education sectorBy Mukosha Funga on 6 Jul 2017
The Turkish government has pledged to establish education facilities in all the ten provinces of Zambia.
According to a statement issued by Zambia’s First Secretary to Ethiopia Inutu Mwanza today, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s Special Advisor Ambassador Hasan Yavuz told President Edgar Lungu that his government was ready to partner with Zambia in uplifting education when they met at the just ended 29th AU summit for Heads of States and governments.
“During the meeting, President Lungu advised the Turkish delegation to laise with the Zambian Emabssy in Addis on modalities of how and when their commitment to Zambia can be actualized. Ambassador Yavuz, who is also advisor to AU Chairperson Alpha Conde, whose delegation visited the Zambian embassy and held a meeting with Ambassador Susan Sikaneta, said the Turkish government is prepared to build schools and rent buildings in Zambia for education purposes. He said the schools that will be built will be from Kindergarten to secondary school,” Mwanza stated.
She stated that Ambassador Yavuz would lead a delegation to Zambia from 27th to 29th July to discuss modalities with the Ministries of Education, Foreign Affairs and Finance.
“He also expressed the Turkish government’s interest to invest in various areas of the business sector in the country. Ambassador Yavuz cited the construction of hotels and mall as one area that the Turkish government will invest in. He said he will be meeting the ministry of Commerce and Zambia Chamber of Commerce and Industry to discuss the proposal,” Mwanza stated.
She also stated that Ambassador Yavuz asked the Zambian government to allow his government to take over the running of the Turkish school in Kabulonga Area.
“He says the taking over of Turkish schools by the Turkish government is a programme meant to curtail the funding of a group suspected to have been involved in last year’s unrest in Turkey. And Zambia’s ambassador to Ethiopia, Her Excellency Susan Sikaneta welcomed the proposal to construct schools and invest in other business in Zambia. M Sikaneta who is also Zambia’s Permanent Representative to the AU said the construction of hotels was welcome as it would help attract tourism in Zambia,” stated Mwanza.
“She said the construction of hotels and mall would also provide employment to Zambians. ‘Zambia would like to learn from Turkey, a country leading in construction, agriculture and even in the clothing industry,’ Ambassador Sikaneta said. There are 170 Turkish schools worldwide, 36 being in Africa. So far 20 African countries have agreed to reposes schools and hand them to the Turkish government.”
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Court throws out K5bn suit against Mutinta Hichilema - 16 Dec 2017
- NDC attackers are PF sympathisers, but not our members – Kamba - 16 Dec 2017
- Miles rejoins PF, endorses Lungu for 2021 - 14 Dec 2017
- Solicitor General challenges subpoena against Silungwe - 13 Dec 2017
- Let ZAWA complain about my rat song, not PF – Pilato - 13 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend