- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Patricia Mbewe on 16 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 12 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Turkey commits to support Zambia’s education sectorBy Mukosha Funga on 6 Jul 2017
The Turkish government has pledged to establish education facilities in all the ten provinces of Zambia.
According to a statement issued by Zambia’s First Secretary to Ethiopia Inutu Mwanza today, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s Special Advisor Ambassador Hasan Yavuz told President Edgar Lungu that his government was ready to partner with Zambia in uplifting education when they met at the just ended 29th AU summit for Heads of States and governments.
“During the meeting, President Lungu advised the Turkish delegation to laise with the Zambian Emabssy in Addis on modalities of how and when their commitment to Zambia can be actualized. Ambassador Yavuz, who is also advisor to AU Chairperson Alpha Conde, whose delegation visited the Zambian embassy and held a meeting with Ambassador Susan Sikaneta, said the Turkish government is prepared to build schools and rent buildings in Zambia for education purposes. He said the schools that will be built will be from Kindergarten to secondary school,” Mwanza stated.
She stated that Ambassador Yavuz would lead a delegation to Zambia from 27th to 29th July to discuss modalities with the Ministries of Education, Foreign Affairs and Finance.
“He also expressed the Turkish government’s interest to invest in various areas of the business sector in the country. Ambassador Yavuz cited the construction of hotels and mall as one area that the Turkish government will invest in. He said he will be meeting the ministry of Commerce and Zambia Chamber of Commerce and Industry to discuss the proposal,” Mwanza stated.
She also stated that Ambassador Yavuz asked the Zambian government to allow his government to take over the running of the Turkish school in Kabulonga Area.
“He says the taking over of Turkish schools by the Turkish government is a programme meant to curtail the funding of a group suspected to have been involved in last year’s unrest in Turkey. And Zambia’s ambassador to Ethiopia, Her Excellency Susan Sikaneta welcomed the proposal to construct schools and invest in other business in Zambia. M Sikaneta who is also Zambia’s Permanent Representative to the AU said the construction of hotels was welcome as it would help attract tourism in Zambia,” stated Mwanza.
“She said the construction of hotels and mall would also provide employment to Zambians. ‘Zambia would like to learn from Turkey, a country leading in construction, agriculture and even in the clothing industry,’ Ambassador Sikaneta said. There are 170 Turkish schools worldwide, 36 being in Africa. So far 20 African countries have agreed to reposes schools and hand them to the Turkish government.”
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- DPP abusing nolles – HH - 17 Oct 2017
- UNZA gives “Ruins” to female students in a bid to stop riots - 16 Oct 2017
- IMF presses Zambia redefine its borrowing plans - 16 Oct 2017
- Chama reiterates govt’s support for aviation industry - 16 Oct 2017
- Amnesty International SG to discuss human rights challenges with Lungu, others - 16 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend