- by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Lungu appoints new Army CommanderBy Mukosha Funga on 31 Dec 2018
President Edgar Lungu has dropped Zambia Army Commander Lieutenant General Paul Mihova and appointed Brigadier General William Sikazwe as his replacement.
President Lungu has also dropped deputy army commander Jackson Miti and a replacement is yet to be appointed.
Until his appointment, General Sikazwe, who has now been elevated to the rank of Lieutenant General, served as chief of operations.
Speaking during the ceremony at State House, President Lungu urged General Sikazwe to defend the Constitution and the people of Zambia.
President Lungu also told the new Army Commander to remind his officers on the need to respect the hierarchy of power.
He said the Zambia Army is well respected in Africa and expects that to continue even as the new Army Commander takes over.
The Head of State has also asked General Sikazwe to work with the outgoing Zambia Army Commander on various projects as he hands over.
And General Sikazwe promised to ensure that the President’s pronouncements are implemented.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Govt’s job is not to defend the corrupt, but prosecute them – Mwenye - 23 Aug 2019
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 – Kalaluka - 23 Aug 2019
- Mwenye’s corruption remarks irk PF - 22 Aug 2019
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding - 22 Aug 2019
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India - 21 Aug 2019
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (3,178 views)
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 - Kalaluka (2,219 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (1,970 view)
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding (1,481 view)
- Forget the Damn headline, did you get the message? (1,132 view)
- Indeed, the Speaker is being mischievous on Amendment Bill 10
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10
- SA High Court rejects ZCCM’s arbitration appeal with costs
- Govt’s job is not to defend the corrupt, but prosecute them – Mwenye
- TIZ asks Lungu to cancel Forest 27 plots, says ACC must investigate minister for abuse
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend