- by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
I’ll attend dialogue meeting, talk about corruption, vows CKBy Mirriam Chabala on 10 Jan 2019
Those in government must prepare to undergo a lifestyle audit after national dialogue so that we can check if their wealth is commensurate to their earnings, says National Democratic Congress (NDC) leader Chishimba Kambwili.
Kambwili, who is also Roan PF member of parliament, has insisted that he will attend the dialogue meeting slated for January 18, 2019 to represent NDC.
Meanwhile, Kambwili says the the PF do not want him to be present at the meeting because they do not want him to raise issues of theft and corruption in government.
At a press briefing, Wednesday, Kambwili said he does not need anybody to represent him at the national dialogue meetings because he is capable of representing himself.
“I want to make it very clear that the thieves have exposed themselves through this national dialogue. I am sure that all these have been saying that Kambwili should not attend the national dialogue have been sponsored by PF and President Edgar Lungu because of the issues I raised in the first meeting that we had at Kapingila House. I made it very clear that there will be dialogue without discussing corruption. I made it very clear that we need people to explain how they have acquired their wealth. Because of this, Bakabwalala (the thieves), the corrupt have not been sleeping since the last meeting we had with the Church Mother Bodies. Now they are trying to make sure that they exclude me by pretending that somebody in PF is going to represent me,” Kambwili said.
“I have made it very and I want to say it again, I am in Parliament and I have gone to Court to fight for my Roan seat, not to fight for membership of the PF. For the past two years, the PF have never called me for any meeting that they call… are you not surprised that today they are saying ‘Kambwili is a member of PF so we are going to represent him’, represent who? I am capable of representing myself. I don’t need anybody to represent me. So bakabwalala, ba Pompwe (thieves), ba corrupt I know why you are scared of me being in that reconciliation meeting. It’s because you know the issues that I am going to raise. But I want to tell you that you can’t intimidate me.”
And Kambwili said there could be no national dialogue and reconciliation if people continued to steal.
“If people have stolen and they don’t want to pay or bring back the things that they have stolen from the people of Zambia… all those in government must be prepared after the dialogue to undergo a lifestyle audit so that we can check their wealth against their earnings to see whether their wealth is commensurate with their earnings and the little businesses that they do. And because of that, all radio stations, all newspapers, is today Mwanza, tomorrow Nakacinda and the other day is Lifwekelo. All wanting to drive an agenda that Chishimba Kambwili should not be allowed. Let me make one thing very clear, this dialogue is not an inter party political meeting. This is a dialogue for the nation, for everybody who has an issue against the way this country being run. I am going to attend this national dialogue because the NDC have decided that our of the representatives, it shall be myself, the Secretary General and the Vice-President of NDC, period! So bakabwalala be prepared,” Kambwili said.
Kambwili insisted that anybody who had stolen from what belongs to Zambians would be embarrassed after dialogue.
“You can even see how they are preparing themselves. The first person to issue a statement was their minister Banda, the Minister of Tourism, saying ‘no we don’t want our President will be embarrassed’. If he has not stolen, he will not be embarrassed. But certainly if he has stolen, he will be embarrassed because the truth about where they’ve gotten the money will come out. Where they’ve become so rich at the expense of the poor people. So you have just exposed yourselves imwe bakabwalala (you thieves) and I am not going to run away from you and just know that one the agenda in the dialogue, it is the electoral process, the Public Order Act, the Constitution and paramount of them all is corruption. If you dipped your fingers in the coffers of Zambia, yes you will be embarrassed and whatever you are going to say will not stop me from attending the dialogue. I am a Zambian and I am NDC consultant and I will lead the NDC team, period!” said Kambwili.
Asked if he would succumb to calls for his resignation from PF as a member of Parliament for Roan Constituency, Kambwili said “why should I resign, are they the ones who voted for me? Ask them ati nibanyinabo ba nvotele (that is it their mothers that voted for me?”
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kabimba to commence judicial review proceedings into 48 houses scandal - 12 Aug 2019
- It’s nonsense for Lungu to exclude himself from austerity measures – Kambwili - 12 Aug 2019
- We need genuine dialogue before any constitutional amendment – Sacika - 12 Aug 2019
- UPND responds to Moonga: Tribal campaigns no longer sell because we are all suffering - 9 Aug 2019
- Govt can’t announce new KCM investor because case is in court – Musukwa - 9 Aug 2019
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (3,181 views)
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 - Kalaluka (2,224 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (1,973 view)
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding (1,484 view)
- Forget the Damn headline, did you get the message? (1,134 view)
- Indeed, the Speaker is being mischievous on Amendment Bill 10
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10
- SA High Court rejects ZCCM’s arbitration appeal with costs
- Govt’s job is not to defend the corrupt, but prosecute them – Mwenye
- TIZ asks Lungu to cancel Forest 27 plots, says ACC must investigate minister for abuse
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend