by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by By Tim Zulu and Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 4 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
ACC nabs Livingstone MP for illegally allocating plotsBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 30 Jan 2019
The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has arrested Livingstone UPND member of parliament Mathews Jere for abuse of authority of office.
ACC spokesperson Timothy Moono revealed in a statement that Jere, between 1st August, 2013 and 31st October, 2014, whilst serving as a councilor, jointly and whilst acting together with other persons unknown, illegally allocated plots to himself and his friends.
“Honourable Mathews Jere aged 45, of house number 231 Highlands, Livingstone, has been charged with one count of Abuse of Authority of Office contrary to Section 21 (l)(a) of the Anti-Corruption Act No. 3 of the Laws of Zambia. Particulars of the offence are that on dates unknown but between 1st August, 2013 and 31st October, 2014, Mathews Jere, whilst he was serving as a Councilor for Mwalibona Ward in the Livingstone City Council,jointly and whilst acting together with other persons unknown, did abuse authority of his office by allocating plots of land to themselves on property number LIV/4051 a matter or transaction concerning the Livingstone City Council, a public body,” stated Moono.
And Moono stated that Jere had since been released on bond and would appear in court on March 25, 2019.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- UTH hikes user fees - 14 Oct 2019
- Shang’ombo MP goes on hunger strike at Parley in protest against PF - 14 Oct 2019
- 51 mysterious houses’ case not closed until owners are found, Wina tells Parley - 14 Oct 2019
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief - 14 Oct 2019
- Gun-toting cadres have usurped police powers – Fr Cleophas - 14 Oct 2019
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,052 views)
- Kalaluka fights LAZ's subpoenas against himself, Lubinda (1,122 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,034 view)
- Don’t blame climate change but corruption for economic crisis - KBF (1,005 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (991 views)
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
- Police lied about Kaoma shooting, with impunity
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend