by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Mukosha Funga on 15 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
I’m still full time member of PF, says suspended Luangeni MPBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 4 Mar 2019
Suspended Luangeni member of parliament Charles Zulu says he is still a serving member of parliament under the PF and has not yet received any letter of suspension from the party.
In January this year, PF Secretary General Davies Mwila announced Zulu’s suspension from the party, adding that although the decision was made by the grassroots, it had the blessing of the party’s Central Committee.
“The party starts from the grassroots and the decision of the grassroots stands. He (Charles Zulu) was suspended and given time to exculpate himself. So he must respond to the party in the constituency, so that’s the explanation I have. He has been asked to exculpate himself of which he has not responded to the letter from the constituency,” Mwila told News Diggers.
The Luangeni constituency PF leadership suspended Zulu from the party for allegedly secretly supporting Democratic Party leader Harry Kalaba.
But in an interview, Zulu said he had not yet received any suspension letter.
“You ask the secretary general, I don’t want to be in the papers mwana, mine is to develop the constituency. I belong to a political party and that party is PF. So if they take disciplinary action against me, I think they are better placed there. You know the senior members of my party, the SG (Secretary General) are better placed to explain that. You find out from the people that suspended me. Like I said, I have not received the letter of suspension and so I am still waiting for that. My game plan…I am a member of parliament right now and I am a full time member of the PF. Mine is to develop my constituency. I came to parliament to talk for the people of Luangeni, to speak for them [and] to represent the people of Luangeni constituency. So I don’t do those politics of finger pointing, insults what and what,” said Zulu.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Zambia’ll be a war zone in 2021 if violence isn’t curtailed – Mpombo - 15 Oct 2019
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala - 15 Oct 2019
- Zambia to pray for “wisdom to deal with hunger crisis” on Friday - 15 Oct 2019
- UTH hikes user fees - 14 Oct 2019
- Shang’ombo MP goes on hunger strike at Parley in protest against PF - 14 Oct 2019
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (3,191 views)
- RDA, AVIC single sourcing deal pure corruption - Kambwili (1,410 view)
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba's legitimacy in court (1,169 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,107 view)
- UTH hikes user fees (1,022 view)
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe
- Zambia’ll be a war zone in 2021 if violence isn’t curtailed – Mpombo
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend