- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Lungu launches NRB Pharmaceutical at MFEZBy Mirriam Chabala on 26 Apr 2017
UPDATE 17:00 HOURS
President Edgar Lungu says he will maintain law and order in the country in order for businesses to flourish.
“I will maintain law and order whatever it takes, because business does not prosper in a country where there is no law and order,” President Lungu said.
He also highlighted some of the benefits of manufacturing drugs locally.
“The manufacturing of drugs locally will make a difference for people not only in Zambia but also in the neighboring countries and the continent at large. Such modern facilities will also provide an opportunity for students to do their practicals using modern facilities,” said President Lungu.
UPDATE 16:00 HOURS
NRB Group chairman Narayan Rajaram Bandekar says the company has decided to get involved in pharmaceuticals in order to supplement government’s efforts to improve delivery of health services.
“We have been involved in farming activities for the last five decades but we decided to also diversify into the pharmaceutical industry so as to supplement on governments efforts to improve delivery of health services,” said Bandekar.
Bandekar also disclosed that the facility had been constructed at a total cost of $200 million.
And Health Minister Dr Chitalu Chilufya said President Lungu has been an architect of good health because he has ensured that access to good health services is not too far from the people.
“We have witnessed from your robust embarkation on infrastructure development from the time you assumed office your excellence. We have witnessed a total of 9000 workers being employed under two years of your leadership, You have have really been an architect in shaping good health for the people of this country your excellence,” said Dr Chilufya before inviting the Head of State to speak.
UPDATE 15:30 HOURS
President Edgar Lungu has called on traditional leaders to be engaging political leaders whenever they see that there is a problem.
He told Chieftainess Nkomensha during the tour of the NRB Pharmaceutical facility that “traditional leaders are government’s partners in national development and so you should feel free to engage politicians to dialogue. “Politicians do go astray at times, please feel free to engage us whenever you see us going astray. I am personally available for dialogue.”
President Lungu stressed that he was always open to dialogue at any time and that his doors were open to traditional leaders who he regarded in high esteem.
But, Nkomensha said politicians were difficult to get hold of, which she said made it hard for traditional leaders to call on them.
President Edgar Lungu arrived around 15:00 hours at the Lusaka Multi Facility Economic Zone (MFEZ) for the launch of the NRB Pharmaceutical Zambia Limited. key among those present at the event were NRB Group Chairman, Narayan Rajaram Bandekar, who was expected to give a brief statement on the operations of NRB immediately after a tour of the facility.
Others were Jacob Thorup Cohn, who is the General Manager for Missionpharma Zambia Limited and health Minister Dr Chitalu Chilufya.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- ZICTA confiscates transmitter for a Choma community radio station - 19 Oct 2017
- ERB too quick at hiking prices, slow on reducing – CUTS - 18 Oct 2017
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba - 18 Oct 2017
- Promise to stop stealing before inviting us for prayers, HH tells PF - 18 Oct 2017
- Mwila reserves party position on calls for Mulusa’s dismissal - 17 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- MP pins Mabumba on low fuel prices during elections
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on - GBM
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President - Mwila
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend