- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Sep 2017by Citizen journalist on 26 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- by Tenson Mkhala on 26 Sep 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 25 Sep 2017by Ruth Tembo on 19 Sep 2017by Ruth Tembo on 16 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
KBF joins prosecution team against Nchima NchitoBy Elias Banda on 3 Apr 2017
Lusaka lawyer Kelvin Bwalya Fube has joined the prosecution team in a matter in which State Counsel Nchima Nchito is charged with personating a Post official.
KBF quickly stood to address magistrate Greenwell Malumani today before the case was even be called and said he was not ready to proceed because he had not received full instructions from the complainant.
KBF informed the court that he had joined the prosecution team although Robson Malipenga who has been prosecuting the matter was absent in court.
He said he was not ready to proceed because he needed some time to discuss the matter with complainant (Abel Mboozi) and study the record as well.
He said he had spoken to the provisional liquidator (Lewis Mosho) but not to Mboozi.
The defence team, led by Musa Mwenye, argued that it was not clear who had instructed KBF and that he was therefore incapable of seeking an adjournment in the matter.
Mwenye argued that the matter was commenced Mboozi and it was therefore a private prosecution, at the instigation of the complainant, whom KBF had not spoken to.
But KBF justified his reason for addressing the court, disclosing that Mboozi instructed him to co-prosecute the matter through a letter that was dropped at his office last month.
Nchito’s team only agreed to withdraw the application after KBF availed a copy of the letter that he received from Mboozi.
The matter comes up on April 7.
About Elias Banda
Elias Banda is interested in lifestyle and human interest stories and he brings a unique perspective.
Email: elias [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kamondo urges ConCourt to dismiss Masumba’s appeal - 29 May 2017
- Keith Mukata’s ‘wife’ attracts attention at court - 19 May 2017
- Judge Nkonde stops LAZ from joining Post case - 5 May 2017
- ZRA wants to hide corruption, UPP tells Court - 2 May 2017
- Court refuses to quash Nchima’s personation charge - 21 Apr 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend