- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Magistrate unwell, treason case adjourned againBy Mukosha Funga on 22 May 2017
Lusaka magistrate Betty Malupenga this morning adjourned the treason case involving UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema, saying magistrate David Simusamba who was suspposed to handle it is unwell.
The development has left Hichilema and UPND supporters downcast.
The matter was scheduled for a ruling before magistrate Simusamba at 09:00 hours this morning on whether or not to refer the case to the High Court for trial or to allow a inquiry into the viability of the case.
But after waiting almost an hour for magistrate Simusamba to arrive, his counterpart magistrate Malupenga walked into the courtroom at 09:50 hours.
When HH’s case was called, she informed both state and prosecution lawyers that magistrate Simusamba was unwell and the case would be adjourned to Wednesday.
The defense team was visibly disappointed but through Jack Mwiimbu, accepted the adjournment.
“Your honor as you are aware as defense we were ready for today and the offense is non bailable and there is anxiety among our clients so we can do Wednesday morning,” said Mwiimbu.
HH’s supporters were heard complaining as they walked out of the courtroom, saying justice was being delayed.
However, the UPND sympathisers cheered him on as he was driven back to Lusaka Central Prison
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Court throws out K5bn suit against Mutinta Hichilema - 16 Dec 2017
- NDC attackers are PF sympathisers, but not our members – Kamba - 16 Dec 2017
- Miles rejoins PF, endorses Lungu for 2021 - 14 Dec 2017
- Solicitor General challenges subpoena against Silungwe - 13 Dec 2017
- Let ZAWA complain about my rat song, not PF – Pilato - 13 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend