- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Magistrate unwell, treason case adjourned againBy Mukosha Funga on 22 May 2017
Lusaka magistrate Betty Malupenga this morning adjourned the treason case involving UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema, saying magistrate David Simusamba who was suspposed to handle it is unwell.
The development has left Hichilema and UPND supporters downcast.
The matter was scheduled for a ruling before magistrate Simusamba at 09:00 hours this morning on whether or not to refer the case to the High Court for trial or to allow a inquiry into the viability of the case.
But after waiting almost an hour for magistrate Simusamba to arrive, his counterpart magistrate Malupenga walked into the courtroom at 09:50 hours.
When HH’s case was called, she informed both state and prosecution lawyers that magistrate Simusamba was unwell and the case would be adjourned to Wednesday.
The defense team was visibly disappointed but through Jack Mwiimbu, accepted the adjournment.
“Your honor as you are aware as defense we were ready for today and the offense is non bailable and there is anxiety among our clients so we can do Wednesday morning,” said Mwiimbu.
HH’s supporters were heard complaining as they walked out of the courtroom, saying justice was being delayed.
However, the UPND sympathisers cheered him on as he was driven back to Lusaka Central Prison
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Police allow UPND rally - 19 Oct 2017
- Wasteful govt expenditure angers CSOs - 19 Oct 2017
- Court acquits man accused of defaming Mumbi Phiri on WhatsApp - 19 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn’t know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer – Lungu - 18 Oct 2017
- DPP abusing nolles – HH - 17 Oct 2017
You may also like...
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- We are not a university for the poor - UNZA
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi's jersey at Day of Prayer
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge's prayer position sparks debate
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend