- by Mukosha Funga on 20 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Magistrate unwell, treason case adjourned againBy Mukosha Funga on 22 May 2017
Lusaka magistrate Betty Malupenga this morning adjourned the treason case involving UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema, saying magistrate David Simusamba who was suspposed to handle it is unwell.
The development has left Hichilema and UPND supporters downcast.
The matter was scheduled for a ruling before magistrate Simusamba at 09:00 hours this morning on whether or not to refer the case to the High Court for trial or to allow a inquiry into the viability of the case.
But after waiting almost an hour for magistrate Simusamba to arrive, his counterpart magistrate Malupenga walked into the courtroom at 09:50 hours.
When HH’s case was called, she informed both state and prosecution lawyers that magistrate Simusamba was unwell and the case would be adjourned to Wednesday.
The defense team was visibly disappointed but through Jack Mwiimbu, accepted the adjournment.
“Your honor as you are aware as defense we were ready for today and the offense is non bailable and there is anxiety among our clients so we can do Wednesday morning,” said Mwiimbu.
HH’s supporters were heard complaining as they walked out of the courtroom, saying justice was being delayed.
However, the UPND sympathisers cheered him on as he was driven back to Lusaka Central Prison
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Allowing prisoners to vote will bring confusion- FDD - 20 Aug 2017
- We haven’t warned of a shutdown – Mopani - 19 Aug 2017
- Africa must unite and fight neo-colonialism – Mwila - 19 Aug 2017
- Awkward: Maimane rejects Lungu’s invitation to meet - 19 Aug 2017
- Maimane, Malema have accepted invitation to meet Lungu – Mwamba - 19 Aug 2017
You may also like...
- There’s more to UNZA students than stone-throwing, says Deputy VC
- Allowing prisoners to vote will bring confusion- FDD
- Police block HH release celebrations in Western Province
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend