- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Shonga testifies against Mwaliteta, SiandengeBy Mukosha Funga on 12 Jun 2017
A police officer has named former Western Province Commissioner Fanwell Siandenge as one of the people behind the aggravated robbery case where some Presidential election results among other things were allegedly stolen after the August 11, 2016 general elections.
In this matter, UPND members Obvious Mwaliteta, Evans Mukobela, Macmillan Shimukonka, Laswell Phiri, and Emmanuel Mumbi charged with aggravated robbery.
In the first count, they are alleged to have on August 14, 2016 stolen a handbag containing various documents valued at K750, an envelope containing Gen Form 12 and a record of proceedings for Chingola Constituency from Elina Nyirenda, the property of the ECZ.
In count two, the five are accused of stealing a Blackberry cell phone valued at K4,000, the property of Emmanuel Simbeye and immediately or before threatened to use actual violence on the latter.
Mwaliteta and others are in the third count accused of having stolen statements of results (Gen 12 form) from Roy Kuseka, property of the Electoral Commission of Zambia and used or threatened to use actual violence on him in order to obtain, prevent or overcome resistance from it being stolen and retained.
In his testimony today, Arthur Shonga, a superintendent told Lusaka High Court Judge Mwape Bowa that during some of his investigations, he discovered that Siandenge was part of the robbery.
Shonga further testified that on the material day, he was on duty when he received a report of aggravated robbery in which some officials from ECZ were attacked after they landed at City Airport.
He says he rushed to ECZ headquarters where he found three returning officers, Elina Nyirenda, Emmanuel Simbeye and Roy Kuseka who were attacked and had some presidential election results stolen from them together with personal belongings.
Shonga narrated that the police officer he found at the scene showed him a BMW motor vehicle and Toyota Mark II with a phone abandoned by the assailants.
He availed that the officer also informed him that while he was holding the Alcatel phone which was found in the Mark II, it rang and it indicated “Compo Siandenge”, which is a telegraphic address for Commissioner of Police.
He told the court that there was once a Commissioner by the name of Siandenge in the police service.
Shonga said one of the suspects told him during an interview as to why they were at the scene that they had been instructed by Siandenge.
Shonga further told the court that the officer he had found told him he had intercepted a Land Cruiser motor vehicle which was being driven by Mwaliteta and Siandenge as one of the occupants.
Shonga further testified that his investigations revealed that there was communication between some of the accused persons and Siandenge.
Shonga claimed that three ECZ officials were beaten, pepper sprayed and sustained injuries during the robbery.
He says the incident happened between Zambia Air Force and ECZ headquarters as the three were trying to deliver election materials from Chingola and Ndola after they landed at City Airport.
Recently, Inspector General of Police Kakoma Kanganja recently offered a K100,000 reward to anyone who would lead to Siandenge’s arrest.
“The Zambia Police Service is offering a K100,000 reward to any person or persons with information that would lead to the arrest of a fugitive Fanwell Siandenge, who is on a wanted list for the offence of aggravated robbery,” said Kanganja.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Kambwili is our political consultant – NDC - 22 Oct 2017
- DCs must stay within their districts – Mwila - 22 Oct 2017
- UPND moves rally to Munali next Sunday - 22 Oct 2017
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President – Mwila - 21 Oct 2017
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on – GBM - 21 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend