- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Charles Mafa on 15 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Video emerges showing PF secretary general ordering cadres to grab, share landBy Mukosha Funga on 18 Jan 2017
PATRIOTIC Front secretary general Davies Mwila has told Kabwe party officials to share land amongst themselves before advertising the rest.
Addressing party members during his tour of Central Province at Hindu Hall in Kabwe on Monday January 16, 2017, Mwila urged councillors to share plots amongst themselves.
“Yalya ama plot ba mayor, nimwe mu kwete amaka. Ama plots nga yali 500, ba councilor, nimwe mu kwete amaka kweba ati aweh, mwachita advertise 300, mwafumyapo na 200. Namu kwata amaka. 200 mwafumyapo, 300 mwatwala ku chintu bwingi and 200 mwa akanyamo naba ward chairman naba nani (Those plots Mr Mayor, you are the one with the power. If those plots are 500, you the councilors are the ones with the powers to say ‘we shall advertise 300 and remove 200. You have the powers to remove 200 and take the rest for others to access and you can share with the ward chairmen and others),” Mwila said.
“With me, I have told you, that PWD [in reference to the Planning, Information system, Community development and Social welfare committee (PISCDC)] the chairman is PF. Just in there pa pa pa, it’s mathematics, bwali bwa mbusa, [bwakulya akachenjele] [a discreet meal for the wise is only shared among the clever ones]. You throw 300 to the general public, then you know that this 200 even our people should benefit as long as you have followed the law so that tomorrow you are not arrested. Are we together? Chomba’s mother [figuratively speaking] will even be boasting to the neighbour, because the neighbour [who are] the UPND members laugh at our people, because they tell Chomba’s mother [figuratively speaking] that you have come back without even one plot. Now if you can have a plot, you would know because you will point at it.”
Meanwhile, Mwila also admonished PF members in Kabwe, wondering why they had failed to take charge of the running of bus stations in Kabwe when their colleagues had taken over bus stations in Lusaka.
“How can you allow UPND to run there at Shoprite? You want us to come?” Mwila asked but the cadres said they could not attack the UPND cadres for fear of police.
But Mwila responded, “Police kwisa [where]? The problem is that we are lazy. As the UPND were getting in the markets, we were watching them, then we come and say they all UPND, where have you been? We have discussed this matter with the provincial chairman and the minister. If anything, the party has said…how are we running all the bus stations in Lusaka? So you mean we can fail to run the stations here? You want me to go and bring ‘commando’ [PF Intercity branch chairman Eddie Gowa]? We are in government and we have to be in control. It’s politics, we are not at church, no! Is this a church?” asked Mwila, as the cadres responded “no.”
He also castigated the Kabwe leadership over unnecessary wrangles and condemned the party in-fighting.
Mwila encouraged the district leadership to dialogue and resolve outstanding issues for the sake of progress and development.
He also scorned Former Central Province Minister, Davies Chisopa for having failed to remove UPND members operating outside Shoprite Checkers during his tenure of office.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- HH’s release first step towards restoring democracy in Zambia – Maimane - 17 Aug 2017
- Freeing HH proves Judiciary is independent – PF - 16 Aug 2017
- It is not a nolle: Treason case has been dropped in public interest – Mwiimbu - 16 Aug 2017
- No one has won the treason case – IG - 16 Aug 2017
- UPND will restore order in Zambia – HH - 16 Aug 2017
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend