- by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Lungu, Desalegn discuss regional conflict resolutionBy Stella Goma on 30 Mar 2017
President Edgar Lungu says Zambia is committed to finding lasting solutions to regional conflicts.
According to PF media team, President Lungu said he looked forward to work with Ethiopia in conflict resolution in sub-regions.
On Tuesday, President Lungu welcomed Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn accompanied by other Ethiopian Government officials in the country who are on a Three-Day State visit.
“During Zambia’s tenure in the AU Peace and Security Council, I look forward to working closely with your Excellency in resolving the various conflicts on our continent, particularly within our respective sub-regions. This is in our quest to promote peace and security by ensuring the “silencing of guns on the African continent by 2020,” President Lungu said.
And President Lungu hailed Ethiopia for its role in safeguarding peace, security and stability in the East African region.
“Let me commend the Ethiopian government for the critical role it continues to play in safeguarding peace, security and stability in the East African Region. Zambia, as a member of the African Union Peace and Security Council, will continue to support efforts aimed at finding lasting solutions to Regional conflicts,” said President Lungu.
“Your visit is a clear demonstration of your personal commitment and the importance our two countries attach to our existing relations based on mutual trust and respect for the principles of freedom, unity, peace, justice, democracy and development.”Related Items
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10 (1,449 view)
- Nondo's defection shocks NAREP (1,052 view)
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (919 views)
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini (884 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (789 views)
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
- High mealie meal prices are an indictment on Lungu – Nalumango
- High Court restrains Tilyenji from acting as UNIP president
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend