- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Charles Mafa on 15 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Lungu to create more districtsBy Mukosha Funga on 28 Jul 2017
President Edgar Lungu says he will not shy away from creating new districts because he wants people in rural areas to benefit from infrastructure development.
Speaking when he commissioned 10 newly built medium low cost housing units in Chembe District yesterday, President Lungu said he had directed Minister of Local Government Vincent Mwale to consider areas which could be turned into districts.
“When we said we would increase the number of districts, they were mocking us. But today, everyone in Zamiba has acknowledged that creating new districts is critical to our country because it brings services closer to our people in line with our decentralization policies and this in turn promotes to rural development and reduces rural to urban migration. We cannot talk about decentralization in the absence of decent shelter and it is for this reason that government has prioritized the provision of quality housing units as one of the key incentives to attract qualified and experienced employees to come and work in the rural areas,” President Lungu said.
“We will therefore not shy away from creating new districts. Going forward, I have given direction to the Minister of Local Government to see what new districts we can create to enable our people in the rural areas to benefit from the infrastructure development we intend to put in place.”
And speaking at the ground breaking ceremony of the Kawambwa- Mporokoso road project earlier, the Head of State said he expected all infrastructure projects that government was embarking on to be of high quality.
“We are all aware of the huge expenditure that Government is making on the construction of roads and related infrastructure such as bridges. We expect a Maximum return on the investment. I do not expect substandard roads and other infrastructure,” said President Lungu.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- HH’s release first step towards restoring democracy in Zambia – Maimane - 17 Aug 2017
- Freeing HH proves Judiciary is independent – PF - 16 Aug 2017
- It is not a nolle: Treason case has been dropped in public interest – Mwiimbu - 16 Aug 2017
- No one has won the treason case – IG - 16 Aug 2017
- UPND will restore order in Zambia – HH - 16 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend