by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 20 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Chomba Kaoma reports Kaizer to police for slapping himBy Thomas Mulenga on 21 May 2019
Copperbelt Police Commissioner Charity Katanga says police are investigating a matter in which Special Assistant to the President for Political Affairs Kaizer Zulu allegedly slapped a businessman called Chomba Kaoma over the weekend.
And Kaoma says Zulu has caused embarrassment to the Office of the Republican President by slapping him.
Meanwhile, Kaizer has laughed at the accusation, wondering how the circulating CCTV video footage implicates him.
Kaoma narrated to News Diggers that while he was having a chat with Special Assistant to the President for Press and Public Relations Amos Chanda and business man Fawazi Shawi on Saturday evening, Zulu followed and slapped him after he refused to talk about an issue that was discussed in privacy.
“There were no circumstances, it’s like somebody finds you sitting and chatting with a friend like I was chatting with Amos and Fawazi Shawi, he wants you to start discussing things that were discussed privately in your inboxes, openly. Then you decide to ignore him, then he pounces on you. He slapped me on the left side and that’s what is on the medical report, but some people who were there, some are saying it was a punch…this one says it was that…you know when you are not looking at a person who has pounced on you, you can’t know. But when we went to the Police, there were traces of his finger prints on my cheeks. So we are waiting for the Police, Madam Katanga, to do her job obviously,” Kaoma said.
He said Zulu doesn’t want him to be close to President Edgar Lungu.
“He is the one who has been having grudges against me. Right there and then he confessed that he has been the one who has been behind all these malicious social media things against me, he confessed, there were people there. In fact I was privy to some information from the security reports at Protea, they even said things that I didn’t even speak myself by telling me that ‘this guy was threatening your life, this guy was saying that if you think that those reports about you will stop, they won’t stop as long as you are coming closer to the President.”
He said Zulu should apologise to President Lungu for embarrassing his office.
“It’s not about me getting justice, look, what you need to know is that at the end of the day, that one I have known him for a long time, at the end of day, it’s about the office that he holds and showing respect to the office. I am not getting justice from anywhere, I am not going to court but he just needs to man up and apologise to the President. What he has done has brought shame not to himself but to the office that he holds; the only thing that I can demand from him is for him to apologise to the President, not to me. I have forgiven, I am a Christian, I don’t hold grudges. So he just needs to apologise to the President because he has embarrassed the President. I am a business man, I am well established, I don’t need anything from him, nothing! If I take him to court, what will he give me that I don’t have already?” Kaoma asked.
And when contacted for a comment, Katanga said police had issued a medical report for Kaoma and had instituted investigations.
Meanwhile Zulu declined to grant an interview to this reporter, but when asked why he attacked Kaoma, he laughed saying: “Oh! I am sure you’ve examined the video footage, what does it tell?”
About Thomas Mulenga
Thomas Mulenga has a special interest in political news, current affairs, community and education news.
- Registrar of Societies playing foolish politics – NAREP - 31 May 2019
- Lungu committed to delivering health care services – Chilufya - 31 May 2019
- Austerity measures a sham – Kambwili - 31 May 2019
- NAREP opposes cancellation of agricultural shows in 3 provinces - 30 May 2019
- Kang’ombe’s victory in Sesheke petition a lesson to PF – UPND - 30 May 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (10,545 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (1,816 view)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,062 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (852 views)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (850 views)
- It’s against separation of powers for Parley to supervise executive – PF
- Continued abuse of Zesco will sustain Zambia’s power deficit – PAC
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo
- 7 Lumwana expatriates were lawfully fired, company tells court
- Lungu forcing self-driven Constitution on Zambians – Milupi
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend