- by Joseph Mwenya on 18 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Daniel Chansa on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 17 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Court throws out Mutinta M’membe’s caseBy Diggers Reporter on 5 Jun 2017
The Lusaka Magistrates’ Court has dismissed contempt of court charges against Oracle Media director Mutinta Mazoka M’membe in a case in which she was accused of tearing a search warrant.
When the matter was called before magistrate Ireen Wishimanga, a prosecutor informed the court that the DPP had taken over the case and subsequently entered a nolle prosequi, which the defense lawyer rejected as the DPP did not follow the proper procedure of take over.
Magistrate Wishimanga said the proper procedure was for the DPP to inform the court of the take over of the proceedings.
“I agree with the defense that the proper procedure of the take over has to be followed by the DPP in order for her to prosecute the matter,” magistrate Wishimanga said.
However, magistrate Wishimanga dismissed the case due to the non appearance of the complainant, Japhet Mulenga; a police officer.
She said it was unacceptable that Mulenga was not before court and freed Mutinta.
The court however said the state was not barred from commencing fresh proceedings.
In this matter, Mutinta was accused of tearing a search warrant on February 15 when officers raided her home.
About Diggers Reporter
- We shouldn’t complain of brain drain when we have unemployed graduates – Hellicy - 18 Dec 2017
- Former U-20 player Kalale dies - 17 Dec 2017
- UPND announces reshuffles - 16 Dec 2017
- Chingola man kills his mother’s lover - 14 Dec 2017
- Lusaka woman in court for murdering hubby - 14 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend