- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Patricia Mbewe on 16 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 12 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Court throws out Mutinta M’membe’s caseBy Diggers Reporter on 5 Jun 2017
The Lusaka Magistrates’ Court has dismissed contempt of court charges against Oracle Media director Mutinta Mazoka M’membe in a case in which she was accused of tearing a search warrant.
When the matter was called before magistrate Ireen Wishimanga, a prosecutor informed the court that the DPP had taken over the case and subsequently entered a nolle prosequi, which the defense lawyer rejected as the DPP did not follow the proper procedure of take over.
Magistrate Wishimanga said the proper procedure was for the DPP to inform the court of the take over of the proceedings.
“I agree with the defense that the proper procedure of the take over has to be followed by the DPP in order for her to prosecute the matter,” magistrate Wishimanga said.
However, magistrate Wishimanga dismissed the case due to the non appearance of the complainant, Japhet Mulenga; a police officer.
She said it was unacceptable that Mulenga was not before court and freed Mutinta.
The court however said the state was not barred from commencing fresh proceedings.
In this matter, Mutinta was accused of tearing a search warrant on February 15 when officers raided her home.
About Diggers Reporter
- Residential plots under Zesco poles shock Kapata - 14 Oct 2017
- Benos and Reeves fought over his accusations of cheating – Witness - 13 Oct 2017
- Drop murder charge, Mukata asks court - 13 Oct 2017
- Dickson donates 20 computers to Matero school - 12 Oct 2017
- Police finally charge Precious’ boyfriend with murder - 11 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend