- by Mukosha Funga on 20 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Court throws out Mutinta M’membe’s caseBy Diggers Reporter on 5 Jun 2017
The Lusaka Magistrates’ Court has dismissed contempt of court charges against Oracle Media director Mutinta Mazoka M’membe in a case in which she was accused of tearing a search warrant.
When the matter was called before magistrate Ireen Wishimanga, a prosecutor informed the court that the DPP had taken over the case and subsequently entered a nolle prosequi, which the defense lawyer rejected as the DPP did not follow the proper procedure of take over.
Magistrate Wishimanga said the proper procedure was for the DPP to inform the court of the take over of the proceedings.
“I agree with the defense that the proper procedure of the take over has to be followed by the DPP in order for her to prosecute the matter,” magistrate Wishimanga said.
However, magistrate Wishimanga dismissed the case due to the non appearance of the complainant, Japhet Mulenga; a police officer.
She said it was unacceptable that Mulenga was not before court and freed Mutinta.
The court however said the state was not barred from commencing fresh proceedings.
In this matter, Mutinta was accused of tearing a search warrant on February 15 when officers raided her home.
About Diggers Reporter
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC - 20 Aug 2017
- Resolve differences around Zambia-Canada Foreign and Investment Promotion Agreement - 20 Aug 2017
- Is Wedson quitting Chipolopolo? - 19 Aug 2017
- Bafana will fall, Shonga - 18 Aug 2017
- Lusaka Pastor gets 8yrs for defrauding residents - 18 Aug 2017
- There’s more to UNZA students than stone-throwing, says Deputy VC
- Allowing prisoners to vote will bring confusion- FDD
- Police block HH release celebrations in Western Province
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend