- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Nov 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Kambwili says he can explain his wealthBy Joseph Mwenda on 15 Nov 2016
The Anti-Corruption Commission has commenced investigations on Chishimba Kambwili over alleged corrupt practices.
On Tuesday last week, President Edgar Lungu fired Kambwili who was his information minister and replaced him with Kampamba Mulenga, the PF Kalulushi Member of Parliament.
Earlier, President Lungu complained that some of his ministers were corrupt and had amassed massive wealth dubiously.
But Kambwili says the ACC can go ahead and investigate him but he was as clean as Dr Kenneth Kaunda’s white handkerchief.
“Following recent media queries on whether the Anti-Corruption Commission is conducting investigations on alleged corrupt practices against Chishimba Kambwili, former Information and Broadcasting Minister, I wish to inform you that there has been an inquiry against honourable Kambwili on allegations of corrupt practices.
These investigations are ongoing and the Commission would therefore not wish to comment further as this may jeopardize the investigations,” ACC public relations officer Timothy Moono stated yesterday.
But speaking to journalists in Ndola after the High Court uphled his election as Roan Member of Parliament, Kambwili told journalists that it was painful to be accused and investigated for corruption when he was clean man.
“The ACC can come and investigate me because I am as clean as Dr Kenneth Kaunda’s handkerchief,” a sobbing Chishimba Kambwili told journalists after Ndola High Court Judge Charles Chanda upheld his election as Roan member of parliament.
“My reaction is that it is so painful to be accused of corruption. In my political career, I have worked well, conducted myself responsibly and tried to be as clean as possible. In my dealings I am as clean as Dr Kaunda’s handkerchief,” Kambwili said.
He said the Anti Corruption Commission and Drug Enforcement Commission were more than welcome to investigate him on alleged corrupt activities.
“They are more than welcome. Even today they can come,” said Kambwili.Related ItemsHeadlines
You may also like...
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend