- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
We won’t poke Kambwili for now until ACC is done – PFBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 May 2017
Patriotic Front Deputy Secretary General Mumbi Phiri says it would be unfair for the party to pressurize its Roan Member of Parliament Chishimba Kambwili with intra-party disciplinary issues when he still has issues with the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC).
In February, the PF reprimanded Kambwili for acting disrespectfully towards the ruling party Mayor for Luanshya Nathan Chanda.
Kambwili, the former information minister underwent a disciplinary hearing to iron out differences between himself and Chanda, whose appointment as the PF’s mayoral candidate he vehemently opposed.
But Kambwili and Chanda have continued to clash with the Roan MP accusing his Mayor of treating voters like dogs.
Mumbi last week said she would call Kambwili to reprimand him over the continued squabbles, but after the ACC launched a corruption probe against the former Minister, the PF deputy Secretary General said it would be unfair to poke an already pressured man.
“I haven’t talked to him because in the recent activities, he met with the ACC, so I haven’t talked to him. I just thought that since he has other issues again and we start poking him, it won’t be fair. Let him concentrate on one thing, and when the time is right, I will still call him,” said Mumbi.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kapijimpanga lauds development journalism students - 21 Aug 2017
- Chief Kaindu too drunk to reason – Jean Kapata - 19 Aug 2017
- WHO, UNAIDS support mandatory HIV testing - 18 Aug 2017
- Cattle disease breaks out in Sinazongwe - 17 Aug 2017
- PF donates K60,000 towards rebuilding City Market - 17 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend