- by Joseph Mwenya on 18 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Daniel Chansa on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 17 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
We won’t poke Kambwili for now until ACC is done – PFBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 May 2017
Patriotic Front Deputy Secretary General Mumbi Phiri says it would be unfair for the party to pressurize its Roan Member of Parliament Chishimba Kambwili with intra-party disciplinary issues when he still has issues with the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC).
In February, the PF reprimanded Kambwili for acting disrespectfully towards the ruling party Mayor for Luanshya Nathan Chanda.
Kambwili, the former information minister underwent a disciplinary hearing to iron out differences between himself and Chanda, whose appointment as the PF’s mayoral candidate he vehemently opposed.
But Kambwili and Chanda have continued to clash with the Roan MP accusing his Mayor of treating voters like dogs.
Mumbi last week said she would call Kambwili to reprimand him over the continued squabbles, but after the ACC launched a corruption probe against the former Minister, the PF deputy Secretary General said it would be unfair to poke an already pressured man.
“I haven’t talked to him because in the recent activities, he met with the ACC, so I haven’t talked to him. I just thought that since he has other issues again and we start poking him, it won’t be fair. Let him concentrate on one thing, and when the time is right, I will still call him,” said Mumbi.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- MDC engineering in deep trouble for failing to supply dredgers - 18 Dec 2017
- Chiefs are dishing out land to Chinese illegally – Kapata - 18 Dec 2017
- Saboi’s defection is healthy for us – UPND - 18 Dec 2017
- New US Envoy pledges support towards electoral reforms - 15 Dec 2017
- I respect Lungu but I will insult him if he wants me to – Musenge - 14 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend