- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Patricia Mbewe on 16 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 12 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
We won’t poke Kambwili for now until ACC is done – PFBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 May 2017
Patriotic Front Deputy Secretary General Mumbi Phiri says it would be unfair for the party to pressurize its Roan Member of Parliament Chishimba Kambwili with intra-party disciplinary issues when he still has issues with the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC).
In February, the PF reprimanded Kambwili for acting disrespectfully towards the ruling party Mayor for Luanshya Nathan Chanda.
Kambwili, the former information minister underwent a disciplinary hearing to iron out differences between himself and Chanda, whose appointment as the PF’s mayoral candidate he vehemently opposed.
But Kambwili and Chanda have continued to clash with the Roan MP accusing his Mayor of treating voters like dogs.
Mumbi last week said she would call Kambwili to reprimand him over the continued squabbles, but after the ACC launched a corruption probe against the former Minister, the PF deputy Secretary General said it would be unfair to poke an already pressured man.
“I haven’t talked to him because in the recent activities, he met with the ACC, so I haven’t talked to him. I just thought that since he has other issues again and we start poking him, it won’t be fair. Let him concentrate on one thing, and when the time is right, I will still call him,” said Mumbi.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- ACC must publish findings on Kambwili – Mwila - 17 Oct 2017
- UPND demands formal invitation for HH to attend prayer day - 16 Oct 2017
- US Embassy give $55,000 grant to 6 Zambian communities - 16 Oct 2017
- Chiefs must help heal Zambia, not aggravate division – Shakumbila - 15 Oct 2017
- PF picked the worst candidate from those who wanted to succeed Sata – Laura - 14 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend