by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2018by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2018by Abraham Kalito on 19 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2018by Abraham Kalito on 19 Oct 2018by Stuart Lisulo on 18 Oct 2018by Abraham Kalito on 18 Oct 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Chibamba Kanyama on 8 Oct 2018by WECREATE I ZAMBIA on 13 Sep 2018by Mukubesa Mundia on 27 Jul 2018by Percy Chanda, UPND on 15 Jun 2018
by Diggers Editor on 19 Oct 2018by Diggers Editor on 18 Oct 2018by Diggers Editor on 14 Oct 2018by Diggers Editor on 12 Oct 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 28 Sep 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 28 Sep 2018by Thomas Mulenga on 24 Sep 2018by Sampa Kabwela on 8 Sep 2018
- Guest Diggers
by Diggers Correspondent on 17 Oct 2018by Diggers Correspondent on 17 Oct 2018by CUTS on 9 Oct 2018by CUTS on 2 Oct 2018
PAC notes increased collaboration between internal auditors and AG’s officeBy Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017
The Public Accounts Committee has heard that there is increased collaboration between the Internal Audit Office and the Office of the Auditor General.
And PAC has also heard that the Internal Audit Reports of Canada are public documents and can be accessed from the website.
According the Auditor General’s office public relations manager Ellen Chikale, Comptroller General of Canada Bill Matthews said this when the Zambian Public Accounts Committee called on him at his Office.
Matthews observed that as a result of this collaboration between the two offices there’s timely sharing of information for decision making.
He added that the degree of collaboration has improved to the extent that the his Internal Audit shares its work plans, working papers and reports with the Office of the Auditor General.
Meanwhile, the Committee has been told that when heads of institutions or controlling officers begin to take keen interest in the work of Internal Audit their profile will be raised.
Matthews said his Internal Audit office has earned the respect for their work because heads of institutions are keenly participating in the work of internal audits and its outcomes.
He said in the past years their work was not respected and their reports not taken seriously.
He was responding to a question by Kasempa Member of Parliament Ms. Brenda Tambatamba who wanted to know how their Internal Audit had overcome the aspect of their work not being taken seriously.
About Diggers Reporter
- Chintu envious of Chipolopolo’s quality - 12 Oct 2018
- UNZA students hold emotional candlelight prayer for Vespers - 8 Oct 2018
- Cops burn UNZA hostel with teargas - 5 Oct 2018
- SA police issue arrest warrant against Zambian kidnapper - 4 Oct 2018
- Being quiet doesn’t mean I am afraid, speed kills – Mutati - 1 Oct 2018
- Police give Tayali 'painful protection' after beating by UPND cadres at court
- Auditor General's report details how Social Cash Transfer money was squandered
- Attendance roll call at Day of Prayer annoys civil servants
- Zambians react to scandals when its too late to reverse
- Arrested UNZA lecturer out on bond after three days in detention for "insulting Lungu"
- News Diggers! ePaper Edition 289 Friday October 19, 2018
- Zambia has no leadership that can stop theft of govt funds – Mulongoti
- Auditor General’s report details how Social Cash Transfer money was squandered
- Africa will have 1.3 billion more people by 2050, due to high fertility – UNFPA Report
- Bodybuilding not for thugs – Mr Zambia
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend