- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
ConCourt rejects resubmitted video evidence against Luo’s electionBy Diggers Reporter on 19 Jul 2017
The Constitutional Court has discarded the video evidence in the Munali election petition appeal, which was resubmitted after being lost, on grounds that it may be contaminated.
The video footage in question was the basis for the nullification of Higher Education Minister Professor Nkandu Luo’s seat in November 2016 on grounds that violence shrouded the polls.
Two weeks ago, Prof Luo’s lawyer Bonaventure Mutale swore affidavit verifying the non availability of the video clip and asked the court to go ahead without it.
But Doreen Mwamba, who was the UPND candidate in the election, insisted that the video be re-submitted.
Constitutional Court judge Enock Mulembe had ordered the submission of the video clips saying the video was critical to the appeal.
But a panel of three judges has u-turned against its order to have the video evidence submitted and admitted as evidence.
ConCourt vice president Annie Sitali ruled that the court would proceed to hear the main matter without the video evidence.
Judge Sitali said it had been agreed that the video evidence should not be admitted as there was a possibility that the video evidence might be contaminated.
This was after both parties in the matter failed to agree on the content of the video.
Professor Luo had denied the contents of the video claiming that some of the scenes were missing while Mwamba maintained that the evidence has not been tampered with.
The electoral commission had not taken any side over the footage but relied on the courts guidance.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Castle Lager postpones 2020 Africa 5s due to COVID-19 - 27 Mar 2020
- Police nab ‘Spax’ for murder - 2 Mar 2020
- Mazabuka mob drags suspect out of hospital, kills him - 20 Feb 2020
- Cops sustain injuries in N/West riots - 1 Feb 2020
- Vedanta warns Milingo against defying court order, selling mine assets - 29 Jan 2020
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us? (12,399 views)
- I am under quarantine, but fine - Davies Chama (4,449 views)
- Kampyongo says accusing him of being in quarantine is like alleging that Diggers editor is HIV positive (4,054 views)
- Why whip patrons if there's no lockdown? (3,339 views)
- We’re already on lockdown – Lungu (3,255 views)
- Govt will start distributing free masks – Chilufya
- Absa re-opens Centro Mall branch
- Kampyongo, Ng’andu released from quarantine after testing negative to COVID-19 – Chilufya
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us?
- Kampyongo says accusing him of being in quarantine is like alleging that Diggers editor is HIV positive
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «April 2020»
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
[search_popup]Send this to a friend