- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Oct 2017by Patricia Mbewe and Anastasia Kasongo on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 23 Oct 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017
Zambian professor melts hearts for helping single mother baby sit in his classBy Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
In this video, American talk show host Ellen DeGeneres interviews a Zambian professor Dr Henry Musoma, who teaches at A&M University in Texas on his decision to help a single mother baby sit in class.
This professor went above and beyond to ensure his student could attend the lecture and make the most of it.
Ashton Robinson is a student at Texas A&M University as well as a mother to baby Emmett.
On September 7, she made a Facebook post praising one of her professors for his commitment to ensuring she made it to class.
As a single mom, Robinson sometimes struggles to juggle school and her son, especially when things come up and she can’t find a babysitter.
When Robinson emailed her professor, Dr Henry Musoma, to inform him of why she wouldn’t be able to attend class, he told her to just bring Emmett along.
Not only did Dr Musoma invite tiny Emmett into his classroom, he held him during the lecture so Robinson could take notes!
Robinson explained on Facebook:
“So today I emailed my Professor before class saying that something came up and I didn’t have a sitter for Emmett and he called me back and said to please bring him!”
In words that any parent can relate to, Robinson continued:
“Being a single mom is so challenging but it’s people like Dr Henry Musoma that make life just a tiny bit easier!”
Robinson told her followers that actions like this make her very proud to attend Texas A&M University:
“This is why I’m so proud to be an Aggie! Definitely something I’ll never forget and can’t wait to someday tell Emmett that it’s because of people like this that mommy was able to graduate from the best university in the world.”
She even included a short video of Emmett sitting contentedly in Dr Musoma’s arms during the lecture.
Robinson’s original post has since been shared over 12,500 times with reposts from other Facebook pages getting even more shares and likes.
In addition to people being inspired by this helpful professor, others on Facebook have shared similar stories in the comments of Robinson’s post.
About Diggers Editor
The Editor of News Diggers gets to decide what is published. Contact the Editor or send your letters at: editor [at] diggers [dot] news.
- News Diggers E-Paper Edition 50 October 20 2017 - 23 Oct 2017
- News Diggers E-Paper Edition 49 October 18 2017 - 23 Oct 2017
- Mpezeni drinks, but is very wise - 22 Oct 2017
- News Diggers E-Paper Edition 48 October 16 2017 - 18 Oct 2017
- Let us pray! - 18 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend