by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 22 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Julia Malunga on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019
ZBBF invites women to muscle buildingBy Alex Chilumbwe on 31 Jul 2018
The Zambia Bodybuilding Federation says it held a consultative meeting on Saturday to discuss ways of promoting in-house competitions and consequently growing the sport in the country.
And the president also says the federation will look for ways of attracting the female folk to the sport.
ZBBF president Emmanuel Chimuka noted that in-house competitions would expose the sport at local level where bodybuilding gyms are located thus, attracting more muscle builders.
Speaking to Goal Diggers! Chimuka said the federation also talked about re-organising their events calendar and ensuring all set goals are reached and thoroughly worked on. He mentioned the annual general meeting as one of the main topics discussed during the consultative meeting. “We will be having AGM elections next year where we are looking forward to electing people that have the zeal to take our sport to another level. We want our sportsmen and women to elect people they have full confidence in and speak their language,” explained Chimuka.
The president also expressed happiness in the escalating number of competitors in the country.
“The number of bodybuilders that compete has tremendously increased. Just last year we had two categories for Mr Zambia because the competitors were too many to be squeezed into one category so we had both a senior and junior category,” said Chimuka.
Queried on the availability of sponsorship for the sport, Chimuka said there was a notable increase in the number of entities that had come on board to sustain the growth of the sport. He said sponsors were easily accessible now than it was two years ago when some competitions were cancelled owing to lack of funds.
“I must mention that as a federation, we do not only want to receive sponsorship from the corporate world but also give them reasons to continue supporting us. It should be a balanced relationship because everyone wants to rip where they sow,” says Chimuka.
The president also said the federation will look for ways of attracting the female folk to the sport. He notes that most women were shy to join the male-dominated sport yet they do not shy away from fitness.
“We will appeal to the female folk to feel free to join the sport when we hold the Mr Copperbelt competition next month,” said Chimuka.
The federation president has since warned bodybuilders against using unacceptable substances or drugs that he said have dire side effects.Related Items
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (3,413 views)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,399 view)
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa (974 views)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (943 views)
- It’s against separation of powers for Parley to supervise executive - PF (890 views)
- The Type of Permanent Secretary we Need in the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock
- Zambians have now turned to charcoal, forests are depleting
- Evicted from govt house with no benefits after 40yrs of service
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa
- Solwezi man wins K67,147 from K5 bet
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend