- by Mukosha Funga on 24 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Jan 2018
- by Diggers Reporter on 24 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 24 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018
- Editor's Choice
- by Felix Kashweka on 13 Jan 2018by Diggers Admin on 11 Jan 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 6 Jan 2018by Felix Kashweka on 31 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 22 Jan 2018by Dr Charles Sinkala on 22 Jan 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Jan 2018by Nachilala Nkombo on 20 Jan 2018
Police teargas HH, arrest scribeBy Mukosha Funga on 15 Dec 2016
POLICE have tear-gassed UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema, his vice Geoffery Bwalya Mwamba and other party officials within the Lusaka High Court building.
This was after the adjournment of a case in which they have petitioned the High Court to determine whether their rights were infringed upon when the Constitutional Court dismissed their election petition on a technicality without hearing it.
As Hichilema was about to exit the Lusaka High Court building, police surged towards him and fired tear-gas, chocking him along with his party officials and lawyers.
Hichilema and his entourage sought refuge in one of the offices but his security quickly whisked him out of the building before police could pounce again.
Earlier, police also tear-gassed UPND supporters who had been waiting for an update on the petition on the High Court grounds.
Several people were injured in the fracas and police arrested over twenty people including Prime TV reporter Kalani Muchima and Mulondwe Muzungu.
By press time, the charges were not yet known.
Commenting on the incident, GBM claimed he was aware that the police had been sent by President Edgar Lungu to kill them.
“It is so shocking that police can just start tear gassing innocent people who are peacefully waiting for an update. But I am not shocked because I know that that battalion was sent to kill me and HH so that they can succeed with their hopes to have a complete dictatorship. But it will not work because even though they eliminate us, someone else will arise and continue the fight for freedom,” said GBM.
More details to follow.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha Funga is a Zambian journalist interested in good governance and anti corruption reporting.
- ZNBC defends Digital Migration scandal - 24 Jan 2018
- Govt threatens to cancel CBU unions’ licenses for locking up VC - 23 Jan 2018
- Amnesty International seeks protection for Pilato - 23 Jan 2018
- PF cadres attack Kambwili’s supporters at Central Police - 23 Jan 2018
- Miyanda asks ConCourt to declare that Lungu breached Constitution by threatening judges - 23 Jan 2018
- Lungu's theft not new; he started stealing as a lawyer - HH
- PF cadres attack Kambwili's supporters at Central Police
- Miyanda asks ConCourt to declare that Lungu breached Constitution by threatening judges
- Nawakwi wonders how Antonio will switch from calling PF thieves
- Amnesty International seeks protection for Pilato
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «January 2018»
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend