- by Mukosha Funga on 24 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 24 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 23 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 24 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017by Nic Cheeseman on 7 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 18 Jun 2017
Only physical infighting is bad – BwalyaBy Stella Goma on 28 Jan 2017
PATRIOTIC Front deputy spokesperson Frank Bwalya says intra party fighting is only bad when it becomes physical.
Speaking when he featured on Radio Christian Voice’s Chat Back programme yesterday, Bwalya said conflict was natural.
“When you look at nature, in-fighting seems to be something that is part of animals and human beings are animals but we are special animals so to speak, we are created in the image of God. In my view therefore, I can say that this is a kind of divine ordained arrangement, when you come to human beings in-fighting only becomes bad if it is physical in-fighting but if it is in-fighting in terms of ideas and so on differing here and there and so on, as long as it is properly managed by the authorities by those with the responsibility of ensuring that these kind of in-fighting doesn’t spill over to negatively affect the organisation and other organisations whose success may depends on this organisation, there shouldn’t be something very bad about it,” Bwalya said.
“What kind of infighting have people been talking about as far as the Patriotic Front is concerned? No one can tell me today that they found me with Chishimba Kambwili at Arcades fighting and Chishimba Kambwili is at the police trying to get a police report, no one can tell you today that yesterday I was manhandled by some PF cadres because they didn’t agree with my position on this or that and so on.”
He observed that there were a few “cantankerous” individuals who could get physical.
“Of course I have seen a story on social media that Max (Chongu) is organizing cadres to beat me up and so on and so forth, I don’t know if this is true or not but you can have one or two people who may be cantankerous in a political party and go to such extents,” said Bwalya.
“The fighting that has been there which people are referring to as in-fighting is not physical fighting, it is about ideas people are saying President Edgar Chagwa Lungu is a good leader and should be a given an opportunity to have his legal two full terms the same way Obama was given his legal two full terms.”
About Stella Goma
Stella Goma is a Zambian journalist with a passion for a democratic society and transparency in governance.
Email: stella [at] diggers [dot] news
- Mosho confirms auction sale of Post assets - 5 Apr 2017
- There’s too much animosity between PF and UPND – HRC - 4 Apr 2017
- HH says Lungu is a clueless hyena - 4 Apr 2017
- Matale defends LAZ - 1 Feb 2017
- Dancing officer identified, to face tribunal - 30 Jan 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend