- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Sep 2017by Citizen journalist on 26 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- by Tenson Mkhala on 26 Sep 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 25 Sep 2017by Ruth Tembo on 19 Sep 2017by Ruth Tembo on 16 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Chifumu cannot speak on behalf of FDD – MwanzaBy Stella Goma on 23 Mar 2017
FDD spokesperson Antonia Mwanza says expelled vice-president Chifumu Banda cannot speak on behalf of the party.
Yesterday, Banda told a media briefing that Nawakwi had run down the FDD and accused her of trying to manipulate the party constitution so that it could allow her to stand for a third term of office.
He also said there was need to hold a party convention, thereby launching a ‘Save FDD Committee’.
But in an interview yesterday, Mwanza said Banda was still expelled from the party and had no authority to comment on FDD decisions.
“That the so called Save FDD Committee is an illegal, null and void. The FDD Constitution clearly outlines the Committees of our Party and the so called Save FDD Committee is not one of them hence all its pronouncements and activities are null and void and must be treated with the contempt they deserve,” Mwanza said.
“Mr Chifumu Banda remains expelled from the Party and has no locus standi to comment on the activities and decisions of the Party hence we as a party will not waste our time responding to him.”
Mwanza also said the party was united in supporting Nawakwi’s leadership.
“The FDD remains united and is firmly behind the leadership of President Edith Nawakwi. All members of the party are encouraged to continue making contributions towards hosting of the convention,” said Mwanza.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend