- by Mukosha Funga on 24 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 24 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 23 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 24 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017by Nic Cheeseman on 7 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 18 Jun 2017
Chifumu cannot speak on behalf of FDD – MwanzaBy Stella Goma on 23 Mar 2017
FDD spokesperson Antonia Mwanza says expelled vice-president Chifumu Banda cannot speak on behalf of the party.
Yesterday, Banda told a media briefing that Nawakwi had run down the FDD and accused her of trying to manipulate the party constitution so that it could allow her to stand for a third term of office.
He also said there was need to hold a party convention, thereby launching a ‘Save FDD Committee’.
But in an interview yesterday, Mwanza said Banda was still expelled from the party and had no authority to comment on FDD decisions.
“That the so called Save FDD Committee is an illegal, null and void. The FDD Constitution clearly outlines the Committees of our Party and the so called Save FDD Committee is not one of them hence all its pronouncements and activities are null and void and must be treated with the contempt they deserve,” Mwanza said.
“Mr Chifumu Banda remains expelled from the Party and has no locus standi to comment on the activities and decisions of the Party hence we as a party will not waste our time responding to him.”
Mwanza also said the party was united in supporting Nawakwi’s leadership.
“The FDD remains united and is firmly behind the leadership of President Edith Nawakwi. All members of the party are encouraged to continue making contributions towards hosting of the convention,” said Mwanza.Related Items
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend