- by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 21 Jul 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 21 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Jul 2017
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 18 Jul 2017by Charles Mafa on 13 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 13 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017by Nic Cheeseman on 7 Jul 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 18 Jun 2017
HH apologises to harassed journalistsBy Tenson Mkhala on 28 Mar 2017
UPND president Hakainde Hichilema has apologised to Radio Phoenix reporter Silumesi Malumo and his Millennium Radio counter part Prisca Limingu, who were this afternoon harassed by opposition party cadres.
In this audio, HH says he has ordered UPND Secretary General Stephen Katuka to meet the three reporters tomorrow to apologise on behalf of the party, adding that he would also make an effort to talk to the journalists directly.
HH further explains that the UPND is a proponent of free media and it was unfortunate that the party was caught on the other side of the divide.
“We in the UPND do not condone suppression of the media, and the reports which came today where some journalists were harassed, we do not condone that. We want the media to operate freely, it’s upto them how they cover our stories,” said HH.
“To this effect I have ordered an investigation into what happened at our press briefing. We want to be covered and criticised by the media. We want to apologise for anything of that nature, we want to chat with them (harassed journalists), I want to send my Secretary General to talk to them so that we can establish exactly what happened.”Related ItemsHeadlines
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend