- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
HH apologises to harassed journalistsBy Tenson Mkhala on 28 Mar 2017
UPND president Hakainde Hichilema has apologised to Radio Phoenix reporter Silumesi Malumo and his Millennium Radio counter part Prisca Limingu, who were this afternoon harassed by opposition party cadres.
In this audio, HH says he has ordered UPND Secretary General Stephen Katuka to meet the three reporters tomorrow to apologise on behalf of the party, adding that he would also make an effort to talk to the journalists directly.
HH further explains that the UPND is a proponent of free media and it was unfortunate that the party was caught on the other side of the divide.
“We in the UPND do not condone suppression of the media, and the reports which came today where some journalists were harassed, we do not condone that. We want the media to operate freely, it’s upto them how they cover our stories,” said HH.
“To this effect I have ordered an investigation into what happened at our press briefing. We want to be covered and criticised by the media. We want to apologise for anything of that nature, we want to chat with them (harassed journalists), I want to send my Secretary General to talk to them so that we can establish exactly what happened.”Related ItemsHeadlines
You may also like...
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
- All dictators eventually go – Milupi
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend