- by Joseph Mwenda on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jul 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
ZEMA approves projects worth $440 thousandBy Charles Mafa on 10 Apr 2017
The Zambia Environmental Management Agency (ZEMA) has approved 67 Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) for the month of March 2017 worth over $440 thousand.
The approved projects are in energy, tourism, urban development, agriculture and forestry, prospecting and mining as well as manufacturing and processing sectors.
“Out of the 83 projects considered, 67 projects were approved, 12 were deferred, two project documents were upgraded from Environmental Project Brief to Environmental Impact Statement and two projects were rejected,” said ZEMA in a statement.
ZEMA said deferred projects were pending additional information from the developers and they were mainly from energy and urban development sectors.
“The Agency approved projects with an estimated investment of USD440,129,973. The total estimated investment for projects considered by ZEMA between January and March, 2017 is over USD1,205,153,000,” said ZEMA.
About Charles Mafa
Charles Mafa is an Award winning investigative journalist, columnist and blogger.
Email: charles [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kwacha down to 8.8 per dollar - 13 Jul 2017
- Increased Zesco tariffs have caused rise in inflation – CSO - 1 Jul 2017
- Zambia’s economy benefiting the rich – World Bank - 30 Jun 2017
- Mutati outlines Zambia’s remaining path to IMF package - 21 Jun 2017
- Zambia to lead UNESCO agenda for Sub-Sahara Africa on illicit culture - 15 Jun 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend