- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
I’ll never abandon HH, GBM assures UPNDBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 May 2017
Although his whereabouts remain unknown, UPND vice-president Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba (GBM) has come out on social media to respond to speculation that he has abandoned his incarcerated president Hakainde Hichilema.
Communicating through his Facebook page, GBM said he still remained Hakainde Hichilema’s deputy and that he would never leave the treason accused leader no matter the circumstances.
“Let them speculate, that’s their wish, I am not a political prostitute like many other politicians. I m still HH’s vice and shall never abandon him, COME RAIN COME SUNSHINE,” GBM emphasised.
He said it was not in his nature to abandon his superiors in time of trouble, adding that he never abandoned late president Michael Sata during his lowest economical and political moments.
“I can prove my point. I didn’t abandon late Sata when he was at his lowest moment politically and economically, I stood by him up to the time he achieved what he wanted – presidency. Even now, I will not abandon my president HH despite his incarceration by Edgar’s PF/MMD regime on tramped up charges.”
“This is a scheme they have come up with to destabilize our party which will not succeed at all. My appeal to you all our members and supporters is to remain steadfast, focused and loyal to the president and the party as your leadership is still intact,” said Mwamba.
Since HH started appearing in court about 25 days ago, GBM has never accompanied him, amidst reports that he is staying in South Africa during the trial of his president.
GBM’s wife Chama has also not been appearing at court to show solidarity to the UPND leader until today when she was seen in the company of HH’s wife Mutinta.
UPND sources say GBM has strategically relocated temporarily to avoid getting arrested.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- New US Envoy pledges support towards electoral reforms - 15 Dec 2017
- I respect Lungu but I will insult him if he wants me to – Musenge - 14 Dec 2017
- PF cadres attack NDC officials at 5fm - 14 Dec 2017
- ZAM disapproves Pilato’s Koswe Mumpoto song - 13 Dec 2017
- COBUSU members have been suspended for causing riots – Luo - 13 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend