- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Kambwili can kill Lungu – PFBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 27 Jul 2017
In this audio, Patriotic Front Deputy Spokesperson Frank Bwalya says if the party was a plane with President Edgar Lungu as pilot, Chishimba Kambwili would do anything to make it crash.
And Bwalya says the court cannot reinstate Kambwili as a member of the PF but only let him keep his seat as an independent candidate should it rule in his favor.
Speaking when he featured on a special edition of Muvi TV’s The Assignment programme last night, Bwalya also described the expelled Roan Member of Parliament as a “chumbu munshololwa”.
“He is throwing stones to the Patriotic Front because he is such a person who has seen that his contribution to the PF has gone to the worst but that is only because of his own arrogance and his misconduct. If the Patriotic Front was a plane flying with Chishimba Kambwili sitting next to Edgar Lungu as the pilot, he would do anything to make the plane crush,” Bwalya said.
And Bwalya said the court could not reinstate Kambwili as a member of the PF.
“The court cannot reinstate him. The only thing he can get is a ruling that he remains member of parliament but he cannot continue to be a member of the Patriotic Front. So he is scared, and when a person is scared, when a person is desperate, you expect him to use a lot of words like ‘kangaroo court’,” Bwalya said.
“It is not possible for him to remain a member of the party because we don’t see him humbling himself. He is a man who has demonstrated that he is full of himself and who thinks that he can fool everyone and anyone. On that basis, I can say it is not possible for him to come back to the Patriotic Front and of course out of ignorance, he is saying he is going to challenge his membership in the courts of law, the only thing that he can get, if he can get it, is to retain his seat as an independent member of parliament.”
Take a listen:
Bwalya said Kambwili had no intention of being a PF member because he had not shown any remorse.
“If they have been expelled, one of the demands would be to show remorse and to be repentant. You can show remorse by making a pronouncement that you admit the wrong that you did, you are sorry for the pain that you caused to the organization and that you want to be taken back. As it is, our brother honorable has no intention whatsoever to remain part of PF,” Bwalya said.
“If that were not the case, we would have not expected him to just go across the road with a bag of stones and start smashing window panes in the same house where he says I belong there and I want to come back and continue to live in that house. So his behavior, the words that are coming out of his mouth after his expulsion clearly shows that he is only trying to create problems for the Patriotic Front.”
He also denied the alleged threats of violence during the PF Central Committee meeting.
“I don’t remember hearing any threats of violence in that meeting. If such threats were laid on the table, I would assure you that President Lungu would have ruled such a statement of such a person out of order and they would have been made to apologize there and then. All the allegations were all made in a childish manner. Kambwili’s expulsion from the party is a regrettable loss just like all loses are regrettable. This decision is healthy for the body because the part of the cancer has been cut off,” Bwalya said.
Bwalya said it was established beyond reasonable doubt that Kambwili was undermining the party on the Copperbelt.
“This is a man who has really shown to be a chumbu munshololwa because Mr honorable Davies Chama who is now defense Minister wrote to him after the central committee resolved that he should be sternly reprimanded through a written warning. The current SG honorable Davies Mwila did the same. It was established beyond reasonable doubt that he was undermining the party in Luanshya including Roan constituency in the wards and at district level. He was found wanting with irrefutable evidence, decampaigning our candidate for the position of Mayor who is also our Copperbelt youth chairperson Mr Nathan Chanda and he didn’t deny it,” Bwalya said.
“Suddenly he describes our members as compromised, having been given brown envelops in order for them to propagate lies against him and so on, that is an attack on the Patriotic Front and especially on the leadership because what he is actually trying to say is that our leader President Edgar Chagwa Lungu bought people to come and parrot certain causes in that meeting so that at the end of the day, he would be expelled. It’s not true. So the truth of the matter is that he is lying, he is just shooting from the hill, he is a person who is trying to chew with a loose tooth and that will not happen.”
And Bwalya insisted that President Lungu was the best person to represent the party in 2021.
“The millions of Zambians would not agree with that decision for a simple reason that the Patriotic Front is not deciding for them. The Patriotic Front is deciding for a club called the PF in terms of who they present to the people to stand as their candidate on the PF ticket and we are saying when we look amongst ourselves, we think the best person to represent us is Edgar Chagwa Lungu,” said Bwalya.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Witch hunt leads Chipili brothers into fierce battle - 20 Nov 2017
- K4bn debt owed to contractors worries minister - 20 Nov 2017
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing - 18 Nov 2017
- Kabimba mocks new socialist party: “what will they do which Rainbow is not doing?” - 18 Nov 2017
- Cop in hot soup for taking nude pictures of female detainees - 17 Nov 2017
You may also like...
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend