- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 22 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
UNZA hikes tuition, accommodation feesBy Mukosha Funga on 13 Oct 2017
The University of Zambia has hiked tuition fees by between K3,000 and K5,000 across all programmes.
And UNZA has hiked accommodation fees from K1,200 to K3,900 per year.
When called to explain the hike, UNZA public relations officer Damaseke Chibale couldn’t give a position, but invited this reporter to his office on Monday.
Chibale however told a university platform called UNZA Network that the hike in accommodation fees was as a result of increments in electricity and water bills.
He justified the decision, saying UNZA was one of the public institutions where accommodation fees remained low in spite of other increments.
“Honestly I don’t think that K3,900 is a lot of money considering the fact that this fee is paid only once a year,” said Chibale.
However, UNZA students complained about the hiked fees, accusing the institution of being inconsiderate:
Bruce Chanda: We thank God for BC (busaries)! Those fees are for rich people.
Faith M Hamatu: If we failed to clear out standing balances last academic year how in the world are we going to manage with such increment now? What’s their plan? To be only for moguls?
Sydney Chembe Lisulo: UNZA trying so hard to be ZCAS
Rangel Numwa Brian: When will the fees for the poor be published?
The new UNZA fees for the are as follows:
To see the full list of new fees, click here.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- UPND moves rally to Munali next Sunday - 22 Oct 2017
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President – Mwila - 21 Oct 2017
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on – GBM - 21 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition – JCC - 20 Oct 2017
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows - 20 Oct 2017
You may also like...
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- MP pins Mabumba on low fuel prices during elections
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on - GBM
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President - Mwila
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend