by Tenson Mkhala on 23 Jan 2020by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Jan 2020by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Jan 2020by Julia Malunga on 22 Jan 2020
by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Jan 2020by Natasha Sakala on 20 Jan 2020by Stuart Lisulo on 20 Jan 2020by Stuart Lisulo on 16 Jan 2020
by Daniel Chansa on 23 Jan 2020by Daniel Chansa on 23 Jan 2020by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2020by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jan 2020
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 22 Jan 2020by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Jan 2020by Abraham Kalito on 14 Jan 2020by Abraham Kalito on 13 Jan 2020
by Diggers Editor on 23 Jan 2020by Diggers Editor on 22 Jan 2020by Diggers Editor on 21 Jan 2020by Diggers Editor on 19 Jan 2020
- Guest Diggers
by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Jan 2020by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 14 Jan 2020by Julius Kapembwa, PhD on 7 Jan 2020by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jan 2020
- Editor's Choice
by Sikonathi Mantshantsha on 11 Jan 2020by Amber Phillips on 19 Dec 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 17 Jan 2020by Diggers Editor on 17 Jan 2020by Zindikilani Banda in Sinda on 9 Jan 2020by Felix Kashweka on 17 Dec 2019
Court hears how brother fathered two with his sisterBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 26 Apr 2019
A Forensic Analyst at Police Headquarters has told the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court that a DNA test conducted on the 32-year-old man and 22-year-old woman charged with incest, proves that the two are 99.9 percent siblings.
The witness further told the court that DNA results further revealed that the two accused persons were biological parents of two children.
In this matter, Alivad Mumba, a painter, is charged with incest contrary to Section 159 (1) of the Penal Code chapter 87 of the Laws of Zambia.
Particulars of the offence allege that between 2014 and October 6, 2018, in Lusaka, Mumba had carnal knowledge of Miriam Hara knowing she was his sister.
And in count two, Miriam Hara, is charged with offences against morality contrary to Section 15 of the Penal Code Chapter 87 of the Laws of Zambia.
Particulars of the offence allege that between the same dates, Hara had carnal knowledge of Alivad Mumba whom to her knowledge is her brother.
The duo had pleaded not guilty to the charges.
And when the matter came up for continuation of trial before magistrate Faides Hamaundu, Thursday, Innocent Makasa, 45, of Chelstone police camp testified that on October 17, 2018 while he was on duty, he received a request to do a DNA test in a case of incest.
He said the subjects were the two accused, Enala Mwanza (their mother), and two juveniles, suspected to be the accused persons’ children.
Makasa said he was later on requested to go and collect four samples, two for the accused, and the other two for their children.
“Later on, on December 26, 2018, I was requested to go to Simon Mwansa Kapwepwe police post to collect four samples, two of which were for Hara, Mumba and two children,” he said.
Makasa said the first request was to ascertain the relationship of Enala Mwanza and the two accused persons.
He added that the second test was to ascertain the relationship of Hara, Mumba and the two children.
Makasa disclosed that he found that Enala Mwanza was the biological mother of the two accused persons and that the two were the biological parents of the other two children.
“I went on to do the test and the results generated as follows; I found that Enala Mwanza is the biological mother to both Mumba and Hara with a certainty of 99.9 percent. I also found that Mumba and Hara are the biological parents of the two children,” he said.
During cross examination, the accused persons had no questions to ask the witness.
The matter has been adjourned to May 7.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lusaka man gets two years for stealing dad’s phones - 23 Jan 2020
- Higer sues Shalom Bus Services for $235,000 debt - 22 Jan 2020
- PF to expel Chilubanama for suggesting that Lungu is fatigued and should resign - 22 Jan 2020
- Housekeeper testifies in farmer’s ‘gay’ case - 22 Jan 2020
- I love my son, I wish him the best – Chipimo - 21 Jan 2020
- I love my son, I wish him the best - Chipimo (2,977 views)
- Don't sit ndwii while they tell lies about Bill 10, Lungu tells govt and PF officials (2,894 views)
- Who is Linda, Sangwa? We can't withdraw Bill 10 because they say so - Lubinda (2,875 views)
- HH failing to effectively capitalize on PF's bad record - Africa Confidential (2,712 views)
- An illegal central committee can't endorse a sole candidate (2,189 views)
- Ndola woman who forced 3 boys to touch her private parts gets 15 years
- Govt must be transparent in gold mining ventures – CTPD
- Forgive Kampyongo, he’s ignorant on delimitation process – Mwiimbu
- Court puts Ndola woman accused of assaulting child on defense
- Lusaka man gets two years for stealing dad’s phones
- Maid admits poisoning boss' breakfast
- Don't sit ndwii while they tell lies about Bill 10, Lungu tells govt and PF officials
- How Zesco imported Air from Eskom and made people pay for it
- Who is Linda, Sangwa? We can't withdraw Bill 10 because they say so - Lubinda
- An illegal central committee can't endorse a sole candidate
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
Send this to a friend